Monday, March 15, 2010

The Walk

Luke 24:13-35

Emmaus is a place that I had never heard of until our Pastor mentioned a spiritual weekend called "The Walk to Emmaus". Even after hearing him say it time and time again, I had no idea what he was referring to. And then, as God would have it, I found a reference to it on another blog that I read. You can read what I read, here...

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/06/emmaus_22.html

I decided to do a little research of my own last week and then again...as God would have it, Pastor Rick spoke about the road to Emmaus at church yesterday. So I came home and read the passage in Luke over and over. What I have come to understand through Angie's post, Pastor Rick's message and the Word is this...

Sometimes when God is walking right beside us, we don't even recognize him. We express our wonder, our worry, and our doubts straight to his face...all the while thinking we are talking to someone else. When the disciples finally came to recognize Jesus as he broke the bread that night in Emmaus, they asked themselves...

"Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"
Luke 24:31

Does our own heart not burn within us when he is with us? Do we not know even after all he has told us that he is ever present in our lives? Are we just stubborn enough to think that we can handle all that comes into our lives without him? The truth...we handle nothing without him. We are never alone. He is always walking with us and his word is the truth.

I have learned that even though I am not always good on the Follow through...God is.

The words in the bible that are written in red are my favorite...because they are the words of Jesus Christ. I love reading the words that he said...

"You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

Luke 24:48-49

The promise. His promise. Love it.

Lord, I am waiting.

Have a Blessed Day!
Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always glad to know that folks are listening! I'm thinking that you and Steve would be perfect candidates for a "walk". What say you??


PR