I love to tell the story of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love.
I love to tell the story, because I know ’tis true;
It satisfies my longings as nothing else can do.
I love to tell the story; ’tis pleasant to repeat
What seems, each time I tell it, more wonderfully sweet.
I love to tell the story, for some have never heard
The message of salvation from God’s own holy Word.
I was reading on another blog the other day and I read something I haven't been able to let go of. The blog that I am referring to is the 'Bring the Rain'. The writer of this blog lost a daughter shortly after birth. Their story is heart-breaking and amazing.
On her blog that day she was promoting a book that one of her friends had written. She then went on to tell him about the five most important words he'd ever written to her. She showed a picture of a card that said this...
I will tell your story.
The card had been placed in a basket the day of their daughter's funeral and she has had it hanging up in her house ever since.
http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2010/02/matthews-new-book-hear-no-evil.html
Wow. All I could think about at the time was how important the Kyrie Foundation is to me. And how that is what I am wanting to do for them...tell her story. But as the day went on...I began to think about Jesus. His story.
This old hymn came to mind and I thought it was perfect for this post. I love to tell the story~twill be my theme in glory~to tell the old old story...of Jesus and his love.
Isn't that what we are doing? We love him. He loves us. He died a painful death...those words just don't even do his death justice. It was more than 'painful'...it was beyond comprehension...but he did it for us. All because of his love for us.
If we can do anything on this Earth to praise Him...it would be to tell his story. Because his story has brought millions and millions of people salvation. I am excited to think that all I have to do is tell people the story of his love and he'll do the rest. We can lead them to the water when they are thirsty...but we can't make them drink. But I know that I know that I know...that in His perfect timing, they'll drink.
Lord...I will tell your story.
Have a happy and blessed Wednesday!
Amy
1 comment:
I love that hymn - let's sing it! Telling the story, that's what it's about isn't it??
PR
Post a Comment