Here recently I have been thinking about a career change. Nothing immediate...but it has just been on my mind. I have been thinking about my goals and my dreams. How different are they now from ten years ago? Well...ten years ago, I was pregnant with our first son Brett...and in my last semester of my Jr. year of college. After that semester, I never went back to school. I was just done with college. I was newly married, pregnant, twenty-one, and knew EVERYTHING I needed to know about life. Good Grief. I look back now and realize I knew nothing.
In discussing this idea of going back to school with Coach and a few family members and friends...the question came up...what do you feel like you are made to do? Well...I love kids. I want to be with kids. So naturally, I am thinking education of some sort. But I am also very realistic in knowing I have three kids, a very busy husband and this dream of finishing college will probably take me at least two to three years.
But, what am I made to do?
Ironically enough...we are all made to do the same thing. All the Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, Bank Tellers, Beauticians...we are all made to do the very same thing here on this earth.
Worship.
God gave us each very special, very specific talents. We are to use those tools, talents and gifts to serve him. We are to be the best we can be every single day at whatever we do. I believe Coach does that. I do not...I repeat DO NOT know how he can be the best he can be with teenagers every single day...but I am sure he wonders how I can handle the little ones that I am with as well. But we are all made in the same way to do the very same thing...for God.
To worship, to serve, to love, to share, to forgive.
I love that we are all so very different and yet so much the same.
I found a song...of course...that kind of sums up my point here.
Made to Worship by Chris Tomlin
All we are
And all we have
Is all a gift from God that we receive
Brought to life
We open up our eyes
To see the majesty and glory of the King
You and I were made to worship
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
When you and I embrace surrender
When you and I choose to believe
Then you and I will see who we were meant to be
Have a Happy Day today!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment