Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lord you never let go of me

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no you never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no you never let go
Every high and every low
Oh no you never let go...Lord you never let go of me

I wanted to write just a bit about the song that I added yesterday to the playlist. You never let go, by Matt Redmen....LOVE IT.

I love what the words say. And where does it come from? Well to be honest with you, I knew it was from scripture...just wasn't sure which one.

Psalms 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?


Just listening to this song makes me a believer. I love knowing that no matter what the situation in my life, He is always with me. And if I can instill that in my boys...and they can instill that in their children...I will feel like I have done my job. I think it is very important to teach our kids that in any situation, He is there. The truth...the honest truth...is that we are NEVER alone. He is with us...watching us...guiding us...loving us...and picking us up.

The verse goes on to say this...Psalms 27:4-5

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling.

If we invite Christ into our hearts and we 'dwell in the house of the Lord' things start to appear differently. We find ourselves viewing things differently. We see people in a new light. We see his beauty in the things all around us. And we may not always be physically safe from harm, but we are safe from the troubles of our heart. Because he has his loving hands wrapped around it. There will be painful times...but Christ will be there. Because he never lets go.

Have a wonderful Saturday!
Amy

No comments: