Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fork in the Road

John 12: 1-11

Read this passage in the bible and try to wrap your mind around what happened that evening. The celebration dinner for Lazarus. Martha was serving, Lazarus was at the table. Mary was proving her love for Jesus by anointing him with the perfume. Never on my own could I have understood the passage and the symbolism...but I do now. Thanks PR~

Today in church, we talked about a passage from John. First of all...let me say AWESOME job PR. The message was great and Coach and I both learned a lot. What an amazing point at the end...

Are you a Mary? Sold out for Jesus?

Are you a Judas? Selling Jesus out?

Wow...are we totally committed? Are we ALL OUT for Jesus? Are we willing to give all that we are and all that we have to show our love for him? Or are we the ones pointing out other people's faults to "show" Jesus how much we love him?

He (Judas) called Mary out for pouring the perfume on Jesus' feet. He told her that the worth of that perfume could have fed the poor. He stood in judgement of an act of LOVE and tried to put Mary's actions to shame. Tisk tisk Judas. And then he himself betrayed Jesus just days later...for "30 stinkin' pieces of silver." There are three men in my life that I can hear saying those words...Coach, Coach Swaney and Pastor Rick. Love it. The disgust. The amazement. Not just for silver...or for thirty pieces...but for thirty "stinkin'" pieces. Love it. Take that Judas...you betrayed the Lord for stinkin' money. Oh but look at me...judging Judas...when I myself have betrayed Him a time or two. Ugh. Tisk Tisk to myself.

So who am I? Am I selling Jesus out or am I sold out for Jesus? Am I talking the talk...or walking the walk?

The Fork. Which way are we willing to go? As we are in the shadow of the cross...(PR) these next few weeks...which way will we go? Will we up our efforts? Will we go all out for Him? Or will we make our way to Easter making false promises and half hearted attempts to show Him our love?

Mary...Mary...Mary...MARY...MARY...MARY!!! (That is me chanting like in the movie Rudy) Subtle...I know.

When you get to the fork in the road...Choose Mary. Choose Jesus. His way is THE ONLY WAY.

Have a GREAT day!!!
Amy

No comments: