Friday, March 19, 2010

Road Blocks

Yesterday was one of those days that if you tried hard enough, you would have offended me. I was emotional and sensitive...and pretty much took offense to everything that happened.

From little stuff like waiting in line for haircuts, or getting the wrong order at Sonic. Everywhere we went, they were running behind, which put my schedule behind...and I had zero patience.

I even got my hair cut and colored and I was in a bad mood. If you are a woman, you know how very important getting your hair done can be. How great you feel after you get it done. But not me. I left the salon in a hurry and snapped at Coach as soon as I got to the baseball field to pick up Brady.

It was an ugly day and I ended up in tears on Brady's bedroom floor. Dang it. My whole day was full of road blocks. You know what I mean. The orange barrels that slow you down and make you angry on the road? Yep...those. I was being challenged...and I failed miserably. Each time I was given a chance to handle a bad situation with Grace and Mercy...I handled it with ugliness. My blood pressure rose...my heart was beating out of my chest with anger...and of course, I cried. At the end of the day, I realized that not once, had I asked God to help me. I just kept getting angrier and feeling sorry for myself.

As He would have it, he intervened and I realized he'd been there all day long. Then I realized how I could have handled those moments better...and I looked back at my day of knocked over orange barrels. Yikes.

So today, I will have patience. I will handle situations with Grace. And I will be thankful for the road blocks in my life. For I know with each barrel that I carefully handle, I'll be blessed.

Have a wonderful Friday all!
Amy

If you are in need of reading about an expert in the road block department...
The book of Job is perfect. I'll try to write more on Job's struggles this weekend.

I would like to apologize to the following people...

The girls at Sports clips
The carhop at Sonic
My friends and neighbors
My dear, sweet Coach
My fab sister Chele
My Children
The guy at McDonalds
and the list of barrels goes on and on...Sorry everyone!

4 comments:

Chele said...

I somehow knew this would be your post today! LOL! Have a better day!! You are already miles ahead of me...I am at work! :(

Anonymous said...

Amy I love your messages. They are so inspirational and so me at times. KIm

Melissa said...

Aw, Amy...just remember that we are all works in progress...unfortunately, being in step with Christ doesn't mean we are EVER perfect. I think it's amazing that right away you realized your short-comings and now you are ready to try again...all you can do is observe (repent) and correct the next day, don't go beating yourself over the head with the club of condemnation!!

I, myself, had a HUGE road block thrown in my path last night and I think I jumped in my big rig and ran right over the darn thing...ugh. Good thing His mercies are new each morning, eh?

Love you!

Huxman Family said...

I had a similar experience as I dealt with the insurance company and a claim for 2 hours yesterday. It was exhausting, and some of the people I talked to on the phone didn't get the best tone of voice from me. Thank you for the reminder to let God in at those times, and be patient. Afterwards I always tell myself - you know, it really wasn't there fault and not fair to take frustration out on them. But, the next time, it sometimes happens again. Hopefully I will remember how to overcome the road blocks by asking God to help me through. Thank you again for your inspirational posts.