Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Marvelous

Finding Christ can be the most exciting time in someones life. But it can also be very overwhelming. I have a friend...a very old friend...who told me recently that she is coming to Christ. I talked with her for a short time and found out that she has never known some of the things that He had to offer her.

I was amazed as I listened to the words come out of her mouth.

One of the things that I hope to help her realize is that His timing is perfect. He has come into her life at the EXACT time that He had already planned. I am praying for her as she makes this transition. She is on a journey of her own and I ask that you all say a prayer for her as she gets to know the God that will save her.

This friend lost her Father in an accident when we were in High School. I never knew...ugh...I never knew that she didn't know where her Dad went. She told me yesterday that she knew her Dad believed in God...but never knew what happened to him after death. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. I cannot imagine losing someone and not having the joy in my heart of knowing that they were sitting with Jesus. Pastor Rick wrote something in his Blog yesterday that really helped me to see how BIG this is for my friend. "Officiated a funeral today - so what would be the point if there was no hope after the grave?"~PR
So true...the reward is beyond the grave. And the thought of your loved ones receiving that reward is greater than I could imagine. That is the Hope of Christ. When you lose a loved one...the Goodness comes from knowing they are with Him...and you'll be there too. The only way to Him...and to them...is through salvation.

Mercy Me's Homesick says these words...

So I'll hold on to Jesus as long as I can...To see you again...To see you again

Friend...you know who you are. I love you dearly. I want you to know that I will pray for you everyday as you are on this journey and that it is the BEST decision you will ever make. I know you are wanting to make it for your entire Family. But now...make it for you. And having Christ in your heart...your actions will be a direct reflection of Him...and of His love. Your lovies(Husband, Boys, Mom, Sis) will follow you to Him in His timing.

Today's song is a couple of years old...but I...you guessed it. LOVE IT.

You Are Marvelous God and knowing you...is EVERYTHING.

Every time I breathe you seem a little bit closer
I never want to leave I want to stay in your warm embrace
Oh basking in the Glory shining from your Face
Every time I get another glimpse of your heart I realize it's true
You are So Marvelous God
And I am So In Love with You

If you are on a path to Jesus...we are praying for you. I encourage you to say Yes to him.

Have a Blessed Day!
Amy

No comments: