Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In Need

Your name is Jesus
Your name is Jesus
You're the wonderful counselor
and my friend

You're what I hold onto
I know that you brought me through
All the days of loss
To the cross you knew
I need a Savior

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday that really brought me to my knees. It was a good talk...with a lot of questions. Questions that I couldn't fully answer. Questions that made me stop...think...wonder...worry...and then pray.

One of the things that she asked me was why when we grow closer to God do bad things still seem to happen? Not only still...but they happen even more? My answer was that when we grow closer in our relationship with Christ...Satan tries even harder to break that bond. He fits into the smallest of cracks in our lives to create problems...offer temptations...and turn us away from the Lord. She then asked me why he wouldn't protect us from that...hmmmm. I had nothing.

I emailed Pastor Rick and asked him for help with this one. I am faithful...no doubt. But I know when I have reached my limitations...I had to hand this one over to the big leagues. PR so graciously answered my request and I wanted you to read what he said.

"Protection doesn't necessarily mean "free from struggle". But it does mean God will never leave nor forsake. And the crazy thing is that we may give up on God but he never gives up on us."~Pastor Rick Just

Well okay...that makes sense. He is the peace that passes understanding. He is the calm...the moments of air that we get when we feel like we are drowning. He protects us in ways that we don't yet understand. But I told my friend that I have a feeling when we get to Heaven, he'll have a blueprint of our lives and it will all make sense.

The song that I started the post with is one that my friend Stephanie reminded me of. It is so true...Jesus...wonderful counselor and my friend. He is the one who gets us through the valley...he leads us through loss...he gives us salvation and he is our Savior. We need him more than even we know.

I suggested to my friend that she just get on her knees and give it all to God. And I think maybe the only thing we need to say is...Lord, I need you. I need a Savior.

Have a blessed day!
Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great advice - if we would only do that - get on our knees and give it all to God! Wow - and remembering that "God never gives up on us" What more do you need?
Love you - mom

humblepie said...

Thanks for the spiritual research, friend! ;) Prayers, check. Knees, check. Giving it to God—really, truly handing it over, check. It's now baking at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. ;)