Monday, March 22, 2010

Connecting the dots...my second post today

1. A good friend of mine (Robin) decided out of the blue to quit her job. She was laid off last summer and took a job at the beginning of school. She felt like the money would be helpful and she "needed" to work. A few weeks ago, she posted something on facebook about Big Changes in her life. So I emailed her and asked her to share what was going on. She told me that she felt like she needed to quit her job to spend more time with her kids and family.

2. Saturday morning, I received a phone call that my good friend's daughter was in the hospital. She had gotten sick over the last week and they had decided to take her to a Dr. to get an opinion on her condition. The person they took her to see is no longer their Dr. (I believe due to some insurance "stuff"). This is all secondhand info. so Robin, please feel free to correct any incorrect words of my story. My friend had to convince her husband to take their daughter to this friend/Dr because her husband didn't want to offend or inconvenience their friend. Not to mention, his office was closed. Total God involvement here. While Robin was on a run that day, she noticed the office of their previous Dr. was closed, but the back door was open. After the non-appointment with their Dr./friend, they were sent straight to the hospital. Their daughter was diabetic.

3. My dear friend Sheri who is also friends with Robin, has a diabetic son. Five years ago today, her son was diagnosed with this disease. WHAT? Yep...he was 12. Mady is 9. I cannot believe the similarities in this situation. Robin and Sheri have been friends for years, but as friendships do...they had drifted. Robin did not hesitate for a second to call Sheri when all of this started last week...and Sheri did not hesitate to answer. Wow. I am so blessed to have friends who have that kind of love in their hearts for one another...and for each other's kids. I have that with so many friends....and especially with my Sister. But we are all Brothers and Sisters in Christ...aren't we? And we are to be available when another sibling in Christ calls on us.

So in connecting the dots...I am seeing His Love and His Glory. I am simply Amazed. He touched Robin in a way that she didn't fully understand. Yet...she listened. She quit her job for reasons in her head that God hadn't completely explained. And now she is available for Mady as she ventures into this new way of life. And a friendship is rekindled for the sake of helping and loving...the way God wants it to be.

God you are Amazing. It isn't everyday that pieces of your plan are revealed to little ol' me, but I see it clearly today. And I am Amazed.

To Robin, Chad and Mady Tharp...we are praying for you. Mady...stay strong and know that we love you.

I am asking prayers for them as they embrace the renewed appreciation they have for Mady's health and as they take on this complicated disease.

I am also asking for prayers for the family of Sicily Zeka. She is a little miss that I have been following through the caring bridge website. Sicily lost her battle to cancer last night. She is now with Jesus. Prayers for their family as they mourn the loss of their little girl. Sicily was four years old. To read Sicily's story or to post a prayer comment for her family click on the link below.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sicilyevelynzeka

Have a blessed Monday for the second time...
Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy again your writing amazes me. I went up on Sunday to see my little Mady and she was doing great and greeted me with a big hug. Sheri was up there helping Robin with food. It was truly a God thing that Robin had quit her job. She text me today to let me know tomorrow Mady will be coming home.