Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Faith over Fear

Psalm 27:14:

Wait on the Lord, be of good COURAGE and the Lord will strengthen your heart.

Facing our fears takes courage.  I have many fears as I start this new chapter of our lives.  We are less than two weeks away from my first day back to work.  I mean REAL work.  The kind of work where you have to get up...get ready...pack a lunch...and clock in.  Don't get me wrong...I have worked here at home for the past almost ten years.  I have worked PLENTY.  But this is different.  And it is natural to be fearful. 

The funny thing is...most people (when they are fearful), have trouble sleeping and eating.  I have absolutely NO trouble eating.  In fact, I am eating quite well with all the stress on my plate.  And sleep?  Coach can tell you that sleep has NEVER been an issue for me.  Not ever.  Okay, maybe when I was pregnant...and then after the boys were born and woke up every hour for the first 12 months of their lives.  But after that...I have not had any trouble finding the backs of my eyelids at night.  Worry, very rarely, interrupts my very precious and few hours of sleep. 

It is during the day that I worry.  And I do all that I can to control the situation.  As I type those words, God laughs...I am sure.  Because I am in no control what so ever.  Even the mouse that is currently taking up residence in my garage knows this.  I am not in control of that situation at all.  And for the record, I am NOT a fan of mice.

So, I read a quote in my devotional the other day that I thought I would share. It has been helpful for me to remember it over the past several days and I thought you might find it relevant as well. 

Fear knocked at the door.  Faith answered.  And lo, no one was there.
Anonymous

When we allow faith to answer the door, we can see that there is nothing to fear.  God is in complete control and when we allow him to be with us for every single step...we can walk with confidence and a strong heart in His presence. 

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

1 comment:

dentalreflections said...

Thank you! I needed that.