Tuesday, May 3, 2011

For Real?

I asked a couple of posts ago what you thought about me writing a book.  It has been on my heart and apparently on the heart of my parents as well.  My future has been in question for the past few weeks.  I have a job secured for next year...and I am ending daycare.  Of this, I am sure.  But what is to come for our future?  Honestly, I have no clue.  I know what I want for my future, but we all know that my plans are not always in line with what God has in store for my life.

I asked what you thought about a book, and the response was overwhelming.  For those of you who felt called to drop me a note, or a line on facebook...thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It meant more to me than you'll ever know.  To have support...is so heart warming.  It encourages what I already hope to be true about these posts that I write.  And not even that I write...that God puts on my heart. 

One of the things I have heard over and over in the past year of writing...is that the things I write about are so real. 

For real?

Yes...they are very real.  I am being honest with you...in every sense of the word.  Even too honest sometimes.  However, I've only had to retract 2 posts in over a year.  Not bad, huh?

What I want people to know about my faith journey...is that it is just that.  It is a journey.  I am on a path that didn't become pearly white and straight the second I accepted Christ into my heart.  If that were the case, there would be nothing to write about.  I am simply on a path that He set forth for me.  And He is walking every step along side me.  He never disappears...even when I do.  He never loses step...even when I  fall off the path completely.  I would imagine He laughs when I burn things in the oven...and He cries when I cry. 

Being a Christian doesn't mean being perfect.  It means all kinds of things...but perfection is not one of them.  Thank Goodness. 

If I write this book...it will be far from perfect.  It will be a place where I can be real...much like this blog.  That is what God wants from us every day. 

To love Him.  To reflect His love.  To serve Him.  To forgive others.  To love one another...

And to be real.

So thank you so much for your notes, your thoughts and your prayers.  And for reading what God puts on my heart each morning.  I am looking forward to where the path will lead me next.  And I am not talking about a ballpark...even though that is where we'll be spending 6 out of the next 7 days.  Go Wildcats and Jaguars!

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3 

No comments: