My day went a little something like this...
Baseball
McDonalds Drive thru Breakfast
Target
Walmart (to pick up the Mother's Day cards I'd left there the night before at the checkout counter)
Baseball
Baseball
Baseball
Visits with Grandmother, Mother in Law, and Mom
Phone call with Granny
Wash uniform for game tomorrow night
Shower
Bed.
Mother's Day was perfect in every sense of the word. Except for the bit of wind we had at our last ballgame. That was a bit unnecessary if you ask me. When we got in the car after our heartbreak loss of one run, I took off my sunglasses to discover a ring of caked on dirt above my make up. You can kind of see it in the edited picture above, but you can see it more in this one...
As you can see, I still have the wrong date on my camera...I wonder if I'll ever remember to fix that?
Anyway, our day was great. We got to see lots of friends, family and baseball.
I know this family is lacking in its perfection. I realized that about the fourth or fifth time little had a meltdown at the ballpark yesterday. With his little tear streaming down his terribly dirty face...and my face turning 3 different shades of red from the embarrassment from everyone looking...
I also may or may not, have exchanged words with an overly aggressive coach on the other team. (not exactly the most expressive of my Christian behavior), but as the great Anita Renfro puts it...if you messin' with my kid, you straight up messin' with me.
All in all, it was a fabulous day. And we decided...(and by we I mean, me of course) that taking our Mother's Day picture with all four of us sweaty and covered in dirt, would be the best way to capture our day. I received the most adorable blingy bracelets to go with my blingy baseball shirt and enjoyed every bit of our day. Okay...that might be a lie. I hate the wind and it felt marvelous to get all the dirt scrubbed off of me last night. So saying that I loved being that filthy would be untrue. But what I love is that my boys love me...filthy or not. They aren't embarrassed by my need to shine at a baseball game or by the fact that I am not always the best Mom when it comes to my reactions. They love me no matter what...and I love them the same.
I have flaws...many of them. But his mercies are new each morning. They wash away like the dirt from the baseball field. How blessed are we to have God in our lives that loves us the way we love our children? Pretty blessed...
And to end my Mother's Day post...I want to say...
Mom, I love you with all of my heart. You are an amazing woman who has been there for me through thick and thin. You are an inspiration and I love your relationship with the Lord. I will never be able to keep my house the way you keep yours...so give that dream up. But if I can be half the person you are...and have the relationship with Christ that you have...I would say you have raised me right. Cleanliness or not. I love you and am so grateful for our relationship. You are an amazing woman. And I really hope I get your genes because you haven't changed in 33 years in my eyes. Well except for your hair. You went through that phase in the 90's when your hair changed color about every 8 weeks. But other than that...you haven't changed a bit. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
Amy
And to all my young and young at heart Mother's out there that need a good laugh...here you go.
In the Mutha"hood" by Anita Renfro (see above post)
1 comment:
Just now reading your blog - and thank you for the wonderful compliments! I am so proud to be the mother of two wonderful daughters who grew up to be fantastic moms! Hopefully, clean house or not, you will always have Christ in your hearts and whatever you do and wherever you go, clean or dirty, others will see that light shining in you! I love you - mom
Post a Comment