We know this as a country. We know this as Christians. The freedom we receive does not come without price.
I was pregnant with Middle on 9/11. When the first plane hit the 1st tower...we were on our way to our sonogram. I was in the sonogram at the time the 2nd tower was hit. It was horrifying. I had a child inside of me. I was seeing this miracle on the screen, heartbeat...hands...feet...spine...moving, and growing. And I was watching the horrifying images on TV thinking...I am supposed to bring this child into this world?
I can remember finding out he was another "he"...and walking slowly out of the office. We made phone calls on the way home to let everyone know that baby was doing fine...but no one was there. They answered...but their voices were all distant...teary...and we all felt the fear.
I didn't sleep for weeks. I had terrible nightmares. I cried and cried over the women that were left expecting...and the husbands never returned home that day. I cried over the children who were left without their parents. For the people wandering the streets refusing to believe that their loved one was in that pile of destruction.
From that point on, I feared what would become of the country my children would be raised in.
And then slowly, I remember that we are protected...by our military...of which we could not do without. The men and women that serve this country...there are not words to thank you for what you do. I can't even come up with anything that even comes close to the gratitude we have for you and the sacrifices you have made. Thank you...
We are also protected by God. One nation...under God. God does not keep bad things from happening. We know this all too well. But he never turns away. He was there that day. And He was there last night...when justice was served. I feel like for the past 10 years (almost)...I have said it quietly. Osama...Our God is bigger.
Over and over...
Our God is bigger.
I believed it...I did.
But watching the news last night...I thought it only right to shout it from the mountain tops...or from my deck this morning...
OUR GOD IS BIGGER.
One nation under God.
Protected by the Cross.
Have a blessed day...and
God Bless America!
Referee of 3

1 comment:
Love the blog. Reminds me of what I am always hearing on the message - Don't tell God how big your mountain is, tell the mountain how big your God is!!! I love that and it is so true! OUR GOD IS BIGGER!!!
Post a Comment