I can remember this scripture from when I was very young. And it is one that I have always loved. I can say that I didn't know the entire thing, but I have heard time and time again...As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
I probably tell Little 10 times a day...Mind your business. Worry about yourself. Sometimes the little ones get so wrapped up in what everyone else is doing that they can't even focus on themselves.
This scripture isn't saying it is OKAY to worship other Gods. In fact...that is one of the Big 10. Not college football teams...the Big 10 Commandments.
Right, got it.
What it IS saying is that when focusing on how we will act...and how we will worship...We in this house will serve the Lord.
Sometimes it would be so much easier if we could stop there.
But God's love isn't like that. He isn't satisfied with us simply worrying about ourselves. He isn't OKAY with us serving the Lord and saying...
To heck with all those who choose to worship the God of Sunny Weather or the God of Make this Bad Thing Go Away.
We are to love those who don't serve Him as much as the ones that do. Because it is through those actions that they will find Him. It is through our love of Jesus Christ that the non believers will believe. He has them in His sights...along with us.
We are to serve Him...and only Him. We are to impress upon others the importance of His love. I have learned over the years that doesn't mean to be up in everyone's business either. We are to find the right balance between minding our business and sharing His love.
There IS a happy medium.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. It is my hope that in serving Him, we are invitational and intentional with His love.
Have a wonderful Monday!
Referee of 3
P.S.~On the way to church yesterday, Middle said..."I know it was you Mom." And I replied..."What are you talking about?" (Regarding the weekend post below)
He said..."The Butterfingers. I read your blog."
I may have swerved the van a bit and then I did my meanest Mommy glare and said...
"That is an adult blog! You should not read my adult writing!" (Lies...all lies. Ugh...I was so ashamed!)
And then I apologized for eating his Butterfingers and told him I'd buy more. He suggested that I not since I would eat them all. And then he told me that Big was lucky because his room was in the basement and his candy was safe.
I said...
"Not so much Middle. I ate his too."
My poor kids. Ugh. Glad the Butterfingers are gone.
Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.
2 comments:
I needed that laugh this morning! I steal their Hershey Bars and their Almond Joys.
I am laughing . . . I just love middle . . . he reminds me of you when you were little!!!! Awwwww - such sweet revenge.
Love you - mom
Post a Comment