Well...they did it. They won! Victorious! What does that mean for us? We play the number one team in the state on Saturday. But...the game is here and that is so awesome! Win or lose...we get to play another game on our home field. I love the atmosphere of home football games. It is incredible. And after a win...it is indescribable.
I know...I should probably have outgrown the excitement of HS football long ago, but I get sucked in every time.
Seeing the kids' excitement gets me time after time. After the game, Big and Middle went running out onto the field with their friends and it is so fun to watch them live in them moment. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our lives that we forget to do that. Celebrate the right now. Sure...the football win won't help us financially. It won't make the house clean, the lunches packed, or make the pain go away in any situation...but it is exciting and fun. It is something the school won't forget anytime soon, and it allows us to just Go Wild! We jump and scream with excitement. Yes...I knew as soon as the song ended, I'd be dragging three very tired boys home to bed. I knew I had to get myself ready for bed and get backpacks organized and ready for school today. But I didn't worry about that. I just celebrated the moment.
Thank you God...for moments like that.
It was awesome.
I am tired. I have to get myself and the boys ready to drag themselves to school for a day of normalcy. Even though they were up WAAAAAYYYY past their normal school night bedtime.
Congratulations Wildcats on last night's game. Congratulations Coach. I love you. Good luck on Saturday!
Have a Blessed Day!
Referee or 3
No comments:
Post a Comment