Well...we made it. It is Friday...again. The week is behind us and the weekend is upon us...almost.
I am looking forward to this weekend for so many reasons, but mainly because our only real commitment is the football game on Saturday at 7:00pm. If you are in the area, come out and support the Wildcats!
Other than that though...we have NOTHING. Every Saturday since the beginning of Sept., we've had Jr. League Football games starting at 8am. The home games weren't so bad. But there were a few mornings when we were pulling out of the driveway while it was still quite dark outside. And since Big's birthday about 6 weeks ago, we've been doing some kind of entertaining here on Sundays. We've had two birthday parties...family dinners...a baby shower...and family pictures. Every Sunday...it has been something. Not to mention, during that time, we had a house full of sickies. One week it was me. The next weekend it was Little. It seems as if one of us has been sick for quite some time.
And in an effort not to jinx ourselves...I believe we are all feeling a little better.
This is the time of year when Family becomes more of a priority. Not because they haven't been...but because we are in that mindset to recognize the importance. With Thanksgiving just weeks away, we begin to slow down a bit to figure out what it is we are thankful for. I myself am thankful that tomorrow morning, I don't have to drag three little boys out of bed to drive all over Kansas for Jr. League football. I am thankful that I'll be able to have breakfast with my family...that I'll be able to sit and have coffee with Coach...that I'll be able to stay in my own home for just a little while.
We needed a break.
And I am happy to report that we have one.
In our crazy, busy lives...sometimes we have to stop. We have to be still. We have to sit long enough to enjoy what God has provided us with.
Thank you Lord for allowing us to see the importance of slowing down. Allow me to realize in the hustle and bustle of the Holiday Season, that it is all about you. Help me to remember that no gift is more important than the gift of salvation that you gave to us. Give me the courage to take a break every now and then to truly appreciate what you've given me...the boys...Coach...and my family and friends. Amen
Have a Blessed Friday!
Referee of 3
1 comment:
AMEN!!
Post a Comment