Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!!!

Okay...so per request of my Dad...I am adding a picture of our Christmas Tree.  He came over the other night and was so sweet about how nice my tree looked.  He might have been just trying to make me feel good because I am not much of an interior decorator...at all.  I'll try to add that today.  Oh and here is a thought.  I love Christmas trees so if you have decorated one...and are proud of it, send me a pic to amynelsonmom.nelson@gmail.com.  I'll post your pic with mine and we can share ideas!

But...I thought our tree turned out okay and Coach assured me that it looked good.  We'll go with it.  I didn't even put half our ornaments up because I was running out of room!  Apparently we need to retire Coach and I's ornaments and put up the kids...or do 5 trees for all our stuff.

So as I was driving to the gym last night to RESTART my workouts...I noticed all the lights on the houses...and the beautiful street decorations...and the bright red water tower...(all lit up).  The water tower has been lit with Christmas lights since I was a little girl.  I can remember coming over the hill from Derby to Mulvane and being able to see it from miles away.  Anyway...it all made me smile.  And you'll never guess what song was playing on the radio?  It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!  I smiled the entire way to the gym...which is odd for me.  I usually frown all the way there because I know what is coming.  How do people get happy about working out?  I always feel better after it is done, but I DREAD going.  For real.  But because of the sights and the music...I was happy all the way to the elliptical machine.  Speaking of...did any of you see the commercial with the Target Black Friday lady on the elliptical?  Hilarious...

Today is Coach's first Middle School Basketball game (to coach, of course) and it is in Eldorado at 5:00.  There is no way I can make it to the game, but I will be cheering him on from home!  Good luck Coach...love ya!

Middle somehow broke the zipper on his coat so we are on a mission to find one tonight.  I believe Kohls is still having their fabulous sale so we'll be doing that tonight...followed by a pizza on the way home.  Good times...I am sure.  (Oh, I remember...it wasn't Middle's fault.  The dog chewed the zipper last winter)  And somehow...we have lost ALL of our gloves.   I know better than to buy each boy one pair.  So we buy several.  And somehow...they've all disappeared.  I have a feeling it has something to do with Little and his obsession with wearing "football gloves" or "batting gloves".  He walked out the other night in a uniform complete with a batting helmet, huge snow gloves...his Cubs jersey...and Big's cleats.  So today, Big and Middle will mismatch their gloves and make it through the day.  We'll then stock up at Kohls tonight.  Oh how I love winter.  Ugh.

So...today is the infamous...Phelps Protesting.  The HS kids worked hand in hand with administration and  came up with a plan that would not give them any attention.  They, along with parents and teachers, are meeting in the gym to sign a poster that will unite them against the ugliness that Phelps and his crew are bringing to town.  Good job kids...VERY GOOD JOB.  The town can take this...a few protesters who don't know what they are saying...for what, 30 mins?  AND...it is absolutely freezing out there today.  So...thank you God for the bitter wind and the beautiful cold morning. 

Off to get the kids out of bed and on their way!  Have a wonderful day and stay warm!  Go 7th and 8th grade Wildcats!

Referee of 3

No comments: