Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Home of the Brave

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.”- 1 John 2:15-16

Today is such an important day in the life of our Country. Recognizing those who have served...those who have lived and lost. Those who have fought for the freedom we take for granted.

I can write on this blog because someone fought for my freedom. I can express my faith openly...because someone stood up for my rights. I can share the love of Jesus Christ because of the the men and women that have put on the uniforms and given of themselves selflessly.

All I can say is Thank You. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. I sit in this home...because someone else was brave. I sit in this home because someone else gave their all to make this country a better place.

God Bless You.

This day is significant in our lives for so many reasons.

Four years ago, a friend of Coach lost his son in a car accident. Those are the moments we'll never forget.

That phone call changed our lives. It changed the lives of everyone who knew them. And they are in need of prayer today. I cannot imagine what that must be like for them. But I know that with all of you including them in your prayers today, they'll feel his presence. Please lift them up.

I have another prayer request. A friend of mine went in today for some surgery having to do with Breast cancer. Please lift her up. Her family is in need of prayer. They need peace. They need understanding. They need to feel his arms wrapped around them. They need to know He is there. I know He's with her. Please join me in prayer for her so that she too knows He is with her.

On a happier note...13 years ago today, Coach called me. For the first time. I would imagine he had no idea what he was getting himself into when he delivered a Birthday card to my house for my brother in law. But...look at us now. Who knew...13 years later, we'd have ALL this. I was out of school and he was off work for Veterans Day. I am so thankful that the plan for us to be together was set in motion by God 13 years ago. Thank you Lord...for Coach. Yesterday...on HIS birthday, there was a card and a REAL size Butterfinger on my pillow. The card was a thank you...for all the support during football season. The Butterfinger...was my breakfast. He rocks.

A lot on my mind today, I realize. Please be with me in prayer and celebration. And don't forget to thank a Veteran!

Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your vet day blog touched me. it's really comforting to hear that you, among others, are deeply grateful for the sacrifices our troops (past & present) have made, so we can be here today. i love you tons! my trinny drew mr. little w/chalk on our back deck the other day...too cute! happy friday friend.