Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Great Things

“God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’”- Job 37:5-6

He does great things beyond our understanding.

Yes...He does.

In His timing.

That we must trust.

What a cool verse. It has nothing to do with what I was going to talk about, but I thought it was really a good one.

I wanted to talk a little about the song that I added yesterday by Jason Gray. It is called More Like Falling in Love. If you can't hear sound on your computer, take time to look it up sometime on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKm6USWzVPE . Also, check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrqiHov0MdY&feature=related It is Jason talking about his speech impediment.

I love this song. We saw Jason in concert last February when we went to see Jeremy Camp and he was great. He is one of the most amazing performers I have ever seen. First of all, he was hilarious! And I love funny so that worked out great for me. Secondly, he came out on stage and began speaking...with a terrible studder. He made light of it every chance he got, but you couldn't help but feel for him. He stuttered his way through his life story and then told the story of how he came to find God. It was amazing. But even more amazing...when he began to sing...NO STUTTER. Not a bit. You'd never even know he had one. It was so incredible.

He does great things beyond our understanding.

Hey...I guess the verse is relevant today...that is so God.

Anyway, this song is very upbeat and fun. I loved the light"ness" of it...if you will. But more than that, of course, I love the words. I get them. I understand that concept. Falling in love means so many things. It means letting go of your past...who you used to be...to become what you should be to the one you love. It means letting go without hesitation of your past. Not forgetting about it...because we all know that the past makes us who we are today. The past is very important to remember...because it is the path that brought us to the one we love. For me, my relationship with Christ is about the love I have. The faith I have in Him. Not about the rules...the creed...the rules of the Methodist Church. It is about the strength I find in Him. It is about the moments when I feel his presence. Don't ask me to memorize the books of the bible...because I have no short term memory. Don't ask me to tell you how the Methodist Church originated...because I couldn't tell you. (Now Coach could...because he was in PR's confirmation class as a mentor and they learned it ALL!) But what I can tell you is how my life has changed since I found Christ. As you saw the other day...I still have doubts. I still wonder. But I also still love the Lord with all of my heart.

So...with that said...here are the words to the song. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Have a Blessed day!
Referee of 3

Give me rules, I will break them
Show me lines, I will cross them
I need more than a truth to believe
I need a truth that lives, moves, and breathes
To sweep me off my feet, it’s gotta be

More like falling in love than something to believe in
More like losing my heart than giving my allegiance
Caught up, called out, come take a look at me now
It’s like I’m falling, oh
It’s like I’m falling in love

Give me words, I’ll misuse them
Obligations, I’ll misplace them
‘Cause all religion ever made of me
Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet
It never set me free, it’s gotta be

More like falling in love than something to believe in
More like losing my heart than giving my allegiance
Caught up, called out, come take a look at me now
It’s like I’m falling, oh
It’s like I’m falling in love, love, love

Deeper and deeper
It was love that made me a believer
In more than a name, a faith, a creed
Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me, it’s gotta be

More like falling in love than something to believe in
More like losing my heart than giving my allegiance
Caught up, called out, come take a look at me now
It’s like I’m falling, oh
It’s like I’m falling in love
[ More Like Falling In Love Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

He does Great Things beyond our understanding.

No comments: