Tuesday, November 2, 2010

His Wonderful Light

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”- 1 Peter 2:9

Tonight is the first playoff game for the Mulvane Wildcats.  We play Maize South at 7pm and it is going to be a chilly evening.  I am nervous for the players and coaches and hope they play to their potential so they can advance to Saturday's game. 

Today when I pulled up www.biblegateway.com, the verse kind of spoke to me. 

You are chosen people...God's special possession...that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Have you ever been in that darkness?  Have you ever felt so alone...and felt like no one understood you?  Like no one was truly on your side?  I know I have.  And most generally, it is because of a decision that I myself have made.  Because we are human...we fall short.  End of story.  We fall short and we need God.  But after making bad choices sometimes, we feel like there is no one in the world that would call us into the light.

In the darkness...a lot of people find Him.  They have no other choice, but to ask God for help.  This verse tells us that amongst the billions of people on this Earth...we...as individuals...are His special possession.  And that if we declare the praises of Him...we'll be called out of the darkness into the light.  His wonderful light.  When you have Christ in your life...His light brightens even the darkest of situations.  And it is so important that we remember that even in our darkest hour...He is with us.  It is when we choose not to trust Him or to believe in Him...that the darkness becomes suffocating. 

I added a new song to my playlist.  It is called Light up the Sky by the Afters.  The chorus goes along with what we are talking about today and I wanted those who needed to hear it...to see what it is saying.

When stars are hiding in the clouds
I don’t feel them shining
When I can’t see beyond my doubt
The silver lining
When I’ve almost reached the end
Like a flood You’re rushing in
Love is rushing in

Light, light, light up the sky
Light up the sky to show me You are with me
I, I, I can’t deny
Oh I can’t deny that You are right here with me
You’ve opened my eyes so I can see You all around me
Light, light, light up the sky
Light up the sky to show me You are with me


He is with each and every one of us because we are special to Him.  Have a blessed day and LET'S GO CATS!
Referee of 3

No comments: