Honesty is the BEST policy
Sometimes I tell lies too. I don't do it in a mean way. I do it in the "I am protecting their feelings" way. Or the "I am avoiding confrontation" way. What I am learning well into my adult years is that no lie is a good lie. Even if you think you are doing it for the "right" reasons. The truth is...
It is one of the BIG 10. God makes it pretty clear how he wants us to live our lives and he gave us the 10 commandments as a start. He also expects us to live as he lived and love as he loves.
I am trying. But I fall short. Lying is such a horrible thing to do. And at the time, I can make anything seem not so bad...but when the truth comes out...it appears as horrible as it was in the first place.
Moral of my story...I am going to have Tanner make me a sign for the kitchen to remind me that Honesty is the BEST policy. And someday...I know that with God's help, I'll get it right.
Have a blessed day!
Amy.
Thall Shall Not Lie...
1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean about the lying thing. It's so easy to just "fudge" a little to save from hurting feelings or keeping the peace, but in the long run it always backfires.
I love following ur blog--I'm one of your western KS followers but am moving to Winfield. I LOVE it here. You're an inspiration--and a witty one at that! Take care!
Post a Comment