Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where have you been?

Oh blogging friends...where have I been?

Well...Spring Break.  And before that...I decided to take down the curtains in my kitchen/bay window area to paint.  And before that, I was stressing about the daily schedule we were about to take on with the start of baseball.  And before that, I was worried about our future...and the changes that are being made in our lives.

Fast forward through all the worrying to yesterday.

Middle...had a bike wreck.

I was driving home from the grocery store and Coach called to tell me that Middle had fallen and needed to go to the Dr.  I came straight home, switched cars with Coach and drove Middle to the Dr...tears and all.  On the way there, he kept telling me how bad it hurt.  He had an ice pack around his wrist and his other forearm was all beat up.  I cringed as I looked at his injuries.  Since the boys were born, I have had a pain in my stomach when any of them even talks about an injury.  As I looked him over and he told his story, the pain was there in full force.  My stomach was turning.

We sat in the office and he had such a brave face.  A few tears every now and again, but Middle was as brave as I have ever seen him.  He "sucked it up" as Coach would say...in a big way.  The X-ray tech put the pictures up on the light board as Middle and I were escorted to the room.  And my wonderful friend Shannon motioned for me to come to the hall.  As I rounded the corner, my sister (who has worked at our Dr.'s office since she got out of school) was standing there with her hands over her mouth.  "He broke it!", she said.  From there...it gets a little hazy.  I turned around and told Middle..."well...you broke it." (his wrist, by the way)  He simply said..."okay".  Then the chin quivered...but NO tears.  Except for mine.  I got a little teary at the thought of him having to be casted up at the start of baseball season.  The Nelsons LOVE baseball.  But...I was quickly reminded that it was NOT his writing hand so school would not be a huge problem.  That was good...especially for his teacher who happens to be one of my very best friends. 

The good news is that God was with Middle when he crashed that bike.  I know this because in describing his accident, Coach and I both agreed it could have been much worse.  But I also know that God was with him because God is always with him.  Middle is God's child before he is mine.  I had no warning.  I had no time to worry or fret about this accident.  It just happened.  And we all made it through.  I think God might be trying to tell me something.

Like...quit worrying about your future.

Like...quit worrying about things you can't control.

Like...quit worrying about other people. 

Like...quit worrying about your baseball schedule...( I cleared that up for you a bit...poor Middle )

Trust me. 

Fine.

Fine, fine fine fine fine.

I will trust you God.

So, I apologize for my lack of blogging.  I've been very busy not trusting God.  It pains me to tell you that, but it is the honest truth.  I've been worrying and trying to control things far beyond my control.  After the bike wreck...and a few handfuls of cookie dough...I am totally giving this to God.

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How right you are!!! This story touched me because right now I'm extremely stressed, worried about everything, and trying to control everything. I know I need to let it go and give it to God. I'm trying, but it doesn't always work so well. This blog came at the right time to remind me again - I AM NOT THE ONE IN CONTROL - He Is!!!! Thank you once again:)