Monday, March 28, 2011

Back

Good morning!  We're back...from Spring Break.  What does this mean?  Oh nothing, but blissful, non fighting moments between Big and Middle.  It means sending Middle to school with his new, green cast for all of his friends to admire and sign.  It means having some special one on one time with Little.  It means getting up before 9:00am and drinking several cups of coffee to make this seem right.  It means Coach begins his season of coaching baseball...tonight.  (GO CATS)

It means...life as we know it...resumes.

Oh well.

We knew it was coming for us.  And it was a good break.  Lots of productivity...a broken arm...some special time with the kids...and a break.  From normalcy.  Sometimes, that is all we need.  Going on vacation is wonderful.  Packing up...leaving what we know to be our day to day...and venturing out.  But for us...just taking a vacation from our daily routine proved to be much needed and wonderful. 

Coach and Big always get very nervous the night before we return to normalcy.  Middle, Little and I are much more likely to fall asleep standing up...and seem to find our way to dreamland no matter how close we are to resuming normal life.  But when the alarm went off this morning, you can bet my mind was spinning.  Backpacks, lunches, breakfasts, agendas, blogging, showering...COFFEE...etc.  Immediately as my feet hit the floor, I knew where I was.  Back to reality.  And to be completely honest...I am ready.

I have a responsibility each day to face the challenges with God.  Many, many mornings...and especially here lately...I've been facing them on my own.  At the end of the day, things seem less "done" than when I had started.  Typical of a day without God.  So my challenge this week...amongst the stress of returning to life...I am going to include Him in my day.  Quiet time...decisions...fret and worry...will go to God.  Moments of excitement...weakness...and success...will go to God.  Coffee...selfishly I am keeping to myself.  I think God understands this one.  :D

I wanted to share something that jumped out at me at bible study last night. 

1 John 4:20 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.


This got me thinking...for whoever does not love those whom they Have seen, cannot love God, whom they Have NOT seen.

Interesting.  As we go about our week...focus on loving those you thought not possible.  Reflecting His love...shining His light in their lives. You might be surprised in the change you see.  Because if we can't love those here...in our presence...that cause us grief from time to time...we cannot love God...who loves us all the time, no matter what.  Show His love and feel His love in return.  Food for thought!

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

No comments: