Oh man...it is definitely a Monday morning. I am struggling to keep my eyes open and I have more things to do in the next 45 minutes than I care to think about. We were gone at a basketball tournament all weekend long...which means...NOTHING got done around here. Which is fine...it always gets done. But it also means that the laundry is spilling down the hall...and the groceries are still on the counter from when I got home from the store last night. Lunches need to be made...agendas need to be signed...and the list goes on and on and on.
Feel sorry for me?
Well, my devotion today was all about not pittying ourselves in times of trouble. The author wrote about how in having a terrible day, she was faced with a situation on her way home, that made her immediately realize how fortunate she was to have all that she did.
Has that ever happened to you? Of course it has. God does that on purpose. In fact...I am pretty sure that it happens to me at least once a day. Sometimes I just blow right on past someone else's troubles because I am so deep in my own pity that I can't see past the nose on my face. Other times, I hear their words and it brings my not so horrible situation to the surface.
We all have moments of weakness. That is when we are most reachable by God. He doesn't get to us very often in the "comfort zone" of our lives. He reaches us when we are uncomfortable and weak. We learned in our bible study the other night that the presence of God is available, attainable and vital to us. We just have to be listening...for when He speaks to us. And sometimes...He speaks to us when we can't seem to get to our feet.
Today, I am going to try to feel less sorry for Me and open my eyes to situations around me that need my prayer. We are a blessed family. And when we realize the truth in our blessings, things don't seem so bad anymore. (Even the angel food cake takes on some humor. Some)
Have a blessed Monday!!!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment