"That book breathes life"
Does anyone watch Survivor? I am a forever fan. I (along with my Mom and Grandparents) have been a fan since season one. My Grandparents actually lived in a condo in Arizona and became friends with Jeff Probst's parents. So...I could even say I know him. I would be lying...but it sounds so cool to know that my Granny has talked to his Mom.
I wanted to share this with you because it is so easy to get bogged down in this world with smutty tv. Reality TV shows can bring out the absolute worst in people...this being one of them. But this season, a young man by the name of Matt has surfaced as a "believer". Now...on national television, not everyone knows what that means...but, we do. He believes that Jesus Christ is his Lord and Savior. This man was taken out of the game at an early stage, but has kept himself "alive" in the game by winning several duals. He is alone on this part of the island until the next person is voted out of the game, and they face off in a "dual". Whoever wins the dual gets the chance to enter back into the actual Survivor game later in the season. But in order to do so...he has to win each dual that he faces. If you lose...you are out. Completely.
On last night's episode, the young woman that was voted out, entered the area of the island where he had been staying and they immediatly shared the bond of being "believers". They talked openly about God...prayed together...and talked about scripture. They talked about no matter who won the dual, it would be God's will. God's will! On national TV!!! I was so proud of them for speaking of God...openly...without reservation. And they are young. What an inspiration to other young people! And to all of us actually.
At the end of the dual, Matt won and the young woman went home. But before she left, she gave her luxury item to Matt. It was her bible. He had not brought his along, and she left hers with him as she journeyed home. He said how great it was that she left it with him...
because "that book breathes life".
Amen brother. Amen.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
1 comment:
ok - just so you know - Jeff's dad worked for Grandpa at Boeing - later worked with Grandpa in Seattle. They have known them for years through Boeing. They have been friends for years and years and they are wonderful people. They have three sons. All good looking and great guys! Someday that will be you - three sons - all good looking and great guys!
Love you -
Mom
Post a Comment