In the middle of my little mess....
I forget how big I'm blessed...
I am continuously singing that song. Over and over and over. And I have heard several comments and have seen it posted two or three times on facebook. What that means to me is that there are others out there whose lives are like mine.
Except...staring at my kitchen counter, I would like to replace the word 'little' with BIG OL'. I have so so so so much to do tonight. Just to get ready for tomorrow. And to be honest with you, I am feeling a bit
O,
ver,
whelmed.
This morning when I sat down to write...I had nothing. So I went on about my day. And here I am...12 hours later...and this is what I have for you. That I am overwhelmed. I made myself a pot of vanilla flavored coffee in hopes that it will give me the kick in the backside that I need to get this BIG OL' mess cleaned up.
Sometimes in life...it takes just that. A little boost of whatever it is that motivates us...and baby steps. Even though it seems as if this mess became a mess in a matter of minutes...the truth is, it has built up over time. Setting something here or there because I didn't have time to put it away. Or maybe it was because I got distracted? And forgot? Yeah...I bet I forgot. None the less...it has built itself up over time into a big, huge pile of just "stuff". And here I sit...staring at the stuff.
Life is just as hard. When we let things pile up on us...we tend to feel as though getting to the heart of the matter would be too difficult. We don't have time to tackle the mess. We don't have time to take the steps necessary to clean up after ourselves. Truth again people...we do. Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither was the mess our lives can sometimes end up to be.
It takes motivation and baby steps to get ourselves back where we should be. Is it a bible study? Is it attending a new worship service? Is it taking part in a mission trip? Is it making dinner for someone who has had surgery or maybe a new arrival in the family? Whatever it is that motivates you to clean up your own life...allow it to do just that and take the baby steps necessary to get there.
Tonight my motivation is vanilla flavored dunkin'donuts coffee. And little by little, I'll tackle this mess. Tomorrow, I'll handle the big stuff...and I will forever know that the steps I take, I will not be taking alone.
Have a good one friends!
Referee of 3
2 comments:
What a great post. I needed this today. I am overwhelmed trying to get the things done that I want done so badly but keep putting off. I can do it and I will. You are so right, the Lord is with me each step of the way.
Mecky
Oh, almost forgot - I loved that episode with Matt and their prayer time and their references to God and how his book breathes life . . . yes, it does! Loved it! Great blog.
Mom
Post a Comment