Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Stuff

Okay...on a lighter note...I wanted to share something else I learned this past week that makes me feel so much better about myself.

For those of you who don't know already, my nickname amongst friends is Dori. As in the fish from Nemo that can't remember a thing.

It is true. I have no short term memory. I am sure I have told you all this before, but I can't remember. See?

Okay, so I went to the grocery store yesterday and had a ton on my mind. What to buy for lunches...if I had all my coupons...where my purse was...getting Little out of the car...etc. I walked a ways from our van and realized when I went to put my keys in my purse...they were no where. So Little and I walked back to the van to find the keys in the ignition...which is not surprising in the slightest. But...the van was on. I had left the van running.
I forgot to turn it off. REALLY?

Who does that?

Oh...me. I also forget my phone about every 2.5 minutes. I forget that the oven is on...that the dog is outside...that I started the water in the sink...I just forget things.

Obvious things.

I've never forgotten to put on pants or anything like that, but I really did flood our basement because I left our sink running upstairs in our bathroom. I believe I was soaking a piece of laundry.

So, at the concert this past weekend, we heard Francesca Battastelli sing. She sang one of her new songs called this is the stuff. I will post the lyrics as I think they are rather fitting for my life. If you can relate to this...good for you!

This is the stuff...that drives me crazy!!! But if this is the stuff you are using to communicate with me God...I am all ears.

Enjoy friends!

Referee of 3

I lost my keys
In the great unknown
And call me please
'Cause I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy.
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately.
In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've got to trust
You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I might choose
But this is the stuff you use

45 in a 35
Sirens and fines while I'm running behind
Whoa

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Oh Oh Oh
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
And I've gotta trust
You know exactly what
You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use
Oh Oh Oh Oh
This is the stuff You use
45 in a 35
Sirens and fines
While I'm running behind

1 comment:

angie said...

Love, love, love that song!