Friday, March 4, 2011

In Comparison

In talking with a friend the other day, I found out that she stopped reading blogs for the most part.  She felt like some of the blogs she was reading made her feel inadequate.  Bless her heart...she is a wonderful Mother of four and she is a homeschooling Momma.  That in itself would be a miracle here.  She is beautiful...talented...giving...patient...and so, so faithful.  Yet she...after reading about other Home schooling Mothers (among other things), felt inadequate. 

I would love to say I've never felt that way.  I would love to say that I keep my head held high in all situations and would NEVER compare myself to others.

But then I would be lying. 

I have so been where she is at.  A few of the blogs that I love to read and feel rather inadequate after reading are as follows.

Let me tell you why.  Kelly's Korner.  She is absolutely adorable.  She is currently pregnant with her second child and has just an absolutely wonderful outlook on life.  Her house appears to be clean, organized and she is a fabulous dresser.  There are days when it sickens me to see how cute she is.

McMamma...is a Mother of 5.  She has adorable kids...takes INCREDIBLE Photos and I also believe is a Homeschooling Momma.  How in the world does anyone have success with their children home with them all day long?  And how do you teach them?  Little won't even let me help him with his name!

The Pioneer Woman.  There really are not words for this one.  I can explain it best in pictures.

My Chicken Noodle Soup
The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Noodle Soup

Big Sigh...

Bring the Rain is an incredible, inspirational blog that actually inspired this blog in the first place.  Angie's story of her fourth child Audrey Caroline is so moving and I have absolutely loved watching her following her heart of God.  She is an awesome, wonderful Christian and Mother.  A mother 5 girls.  (another big sigh)  and a blessing in my life...no doubt.  She is also a homeschooling Momma. 

And then there is the wonderful friend of a friend that has inspired me to be a better Mother.  She is a now Mother of four (2 girls and 2 newly adopted boys) and has such an upbeat, positive attitude about the life she's been given.  She is awesome...and gorgeous...and takes fabulous pictures as well. 

These are obviously just short little blurbs about the blogs that I love to read.  And they are blogs that I continue to keep up with because when I am done reading, I always feel like I have learned something. 

Of course there are days when I feel inadequate...if I was in comparison to these lovely ladies.  But the truth of the matter is...I am not.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
We are all created in his image.  No two the same.  All made differently by his design.  I think we all know that I am not made to make fabulous cakes...or even homemade soups.  I am not made to home school my children (although I fully and completely support and look up to those who do).  I am not made to be a photographer.  I am not made to have little girls. 

I am made to love my God, my Family and myself...just the way I am. 

In God's eyes...there is no comparison.  What a blessing that is in itself. 

Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3

No comments: