Monday, March 7, 2011

A good read

From the mouth of Little at lunch today...

"Try your best and leave the rest for God who loves you....wait...for Jesus who loves you...yea, that's right.  Hey Mom?  How come Jesus had bleed (Little's word for blood) on his hands?"

The rhyme is something he and his best friend Livvy learned in preschool this year.  Try your best and leave the rest for God who loves you...love it.  Apparently they've changed it up a time or two to include Jesus too.  So in his confusion, he got to thinking about the bleed on the hands of Jesus. 

I just stood there and looked at him. 

"Well...Jesus had ouchies on his hand when he died to save us from sin."

"Oh.  Okay"

Whew...that was close.  How in the world was I going to explain that Jesus was nailed to the cross and murdered...to save us from our sins...to our four year old?  Luckily...God made four year olds to accept the simplicity of life in just a few words.  Makes me think about how I need to be more prepared for Big and Middle though.  The older they get, the more we as parents need to teach them about Jesus and what He went through for us. 

In reading blogs this afternoon, I came across our pastor's blog and I just think it is so important to read.  He really touched on the importance of Lent and Easter.  So...please take a moment today and read PR's little bit about the ever so important holiday that gives us the best gift we could have ever been given...

Salvation.
PR's Blog
Have a great day!
Referee of 3

No comments: