Sunday, May 27, 2012

CROCK

Dear Betty Crocker,

I am writing to complain about the instructions on your cake box. 

They are not accurate.  I did everything you asked of me.  I even used egg "whites" as opposed to the whole egg.  I used 1/3 cup oil and 1 and 1/4 cups water as directed.  I beat the mixture on low for 30 seconds followed by 2 minutes on medium.  I even set the timer as I am quite certain I have an attention span "issue". 



I sprayed the pan with non stick cooking spray and sprinkled flour in both of the pans.  In attempting to dump the cake over so I could make a beautiful layer cake...crumbs went...everywhere. 



I realize we have had run ins before.  I thought I would give you another chance Betty.  Every single time...you let me down.  The cake that shows on your box is false advertising.  I have yet to make a cake that looks like your picture.  Instead...I make something that looks like this. 





This was to be a white layer cake with chocolate frosting for my Mother's Birthday.  Look what you have done.  You have crumbled my cake and my self esteem.  I am fully in the know that I am not a cake baker.  BUT THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS. 

I am washing my hands of you Betty.  The nice lady at the Dillon's Bakery is now making a cake for me.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  I am also writing the makers of PAM cooking spray, the flour company, and the makers of my NON STICK PANS.

Sincerely,
Amy
Referee of 3





No comments: