10 Things I've Learned About Me...
1. I had surgery recently. My pain tolerance isn't what I thought it was...physically or mentally. I need to work on that. There were days when I couldn't figure out if my body or my feelings hurt more. That comes from being a bit selfish on my part. When I worry less about what others are doing and focus more on how I am treating others...that doesn't happen "sa" much.
2. My Mom has been my nurse. I had forgotten how lovely it was to be taken care of. She is a great nurse and an even better Mom. There is absolutely nothing like having your Mom to take care of you when you are down. Nothing. Love you Momma!
3. I got a manicure recently. I like funky nail polish colors and LOVE getting my nails done. I like the way it looks, feels, and that I did something for me. Planning to keep that up. Even if it is once a month.
4. I haven't been released to drive so my dear nurse/Mom has been driving me around in her car. She is a fabulous woman with a fabulous car. It is so much nicer than my van. It is clean, uncluttered, and it is refreshing. I realize my van isn't a Lexus, but I guess I could clean it up every once in awhile. I'll let you know how that goes.
5. I love reading. I never read anything for pleasure. I always read for school. I have had time to do both and I am loving it. I think I will try to fit reading...along with exercising...into my life more. Who knows. Again...I'll try to let you know how that goes.
6. I like flowers. I have gotten some of the most beautiful flowers this week and they are so nice to have around. I always tell Coach not to waste the money because they die. And it is true. They do. But while they are alive in a vase on my table, they make me feel good. They give a fresh look to my house and they smell so nice. I think I'll tell Coach to waste the money...just every once in a while. ;)
7. I have some of the most caring and loving family and friends. So many people helped out while I was down and I can't tell you how much that was appreciated. I really thought I would lose weight with this surgery. But the food that has been coming in this house has not been helping with my efforts. Aside from the loving, caring part...I have some of the best friends that can cook. I am blessed. And a little chunky. Oh well. See the "exercise part" of #5.
8. My kids have VERY busy lives. Which means...I have a very busy life. I love them more than life itself. But it is kind of nice to have time for me. I know that sounds selfish. And I don't mean it that way at all. But just having someone focus on my well being for a few days reminded me that I am important too. And I need to take care of my needs as well as those of my family.
9. I like VS sweats. My family bought me some post surgery wardrobe pieces from VS and I have been wearing them like they are the only thing I own. I am not a fan of the words across my backside...for obvious reasons. But...the words that go down my leg aren't so bad. I can deal with that simply because they are SO comfortable. Plus...anything that comes in a pink bag with scented tissue paper that looks and smells pretty...makes me feel pretty. I have been wearing them so much that when I wore them to Little's Tball game the other night, he asked me why I wore my night time sweats out in public. Uhmmm...because they are SO comfortable. They are light gray...Capris...and they have become my security blanket. Okay...so maybe wearing them out to the game was a bit much. I'll see if I can peel myself out of them before the weekend baseball games. We have five.
10. Thank you notes are such a thing of the past. But they are so thoughtful and make people feel special for taking time and making an effort for you. I have a TON to write. And I can't wait to get started. This little adventure has reminded me how great it feels to be loved and to love others. I want to make sure I take the time to "help" others when they are down. If we can do this for each other, it is beneficial to them and to us. That little effort to make a meal, to send flowers, or to email or call with concern....makes all the difference.
That is all for now.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment