Thank you for...
- giving birth to me
- changing my cloth diapers
- lugging my booster seat from the kitchen table to the Toyota wagon and back again
- for cutting my hair and feathering my bangs
- for getting that curling iron brush thing caught in my hair after it had grown out, and for cutting it again
- for buying my Ethel...my beloved cabbage patch doll
- for always dressing me like Chele
- for putting up with me on Chele's birthdays...year after year after year
- for the Get In Shape Girl birthday party when I was 8
- for taking my picture with my dolls after I had posed them
- for my barbie mansion
- for always making me feel special
- for our trips to Seattle with Granny
- for paying for 50 cheerleading uniforms
- for letting me get through my Vanilla Ice phase in Jr. High
- for helping me get through Geometry
- for not giving up on me through my "rebel without a cause" boyfriend stage
- for letting me be different
- for cheering me on
- for being my biggest supporter when I sang
- for believing in me
- for Kurbabs (my first car)
- for helping me get through high school
- for teaching me how to do makeup...simple and FABULOUS
- for teaching me to love shoes, purses, clothes, and God
- for giving me your cry face...I get it every time I tear up...which is about three times a day
- for paying that cell phone bill that one time
- for tearing up the list of things I owed you for on my Wedding day
- for being beautiful inside and out
- for helping me get organized...and then doing it all over again three years later
- for loving my husband and my kids
- for understanding about baseball season
- for being the best Mom you could possibly be. You are an amazing woman. Your love for Christ encourages and inspires me. You are beautiful and I am blessed to be your daughter.
Thank you for:
- Putting up with me
- Sharing your clothes
- Sharing your room
- Sharing the contents of your room
- Sharing our car
- Only knocking the wind out of me one time
- Only taking the keys and hiding them from me one time
- Not telling Mom and Dad some of my secrets
- Helping me when Brett was a baby and I didn't know what to do with him
- Always laughing with me
- Always crying with me
- Being a wonderful Aunt to my boys
- Being a superstar Mom to your own kids
- Loving me...no matter what. I love you Sister. Have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Thank you for:
- Your son...I love him so much and am grateful for him.
- Loving your grandchildren. You love them as I do and I am so thankful for you. They are blessed to have you in their lives.
- Not being a super great cook when the boys were younger. Coach has zero expectations and I am not under pressure to make things like fried chicken (said with a thick southern accent) and homemade biscuits.
- Being simple. Your simplicity reminds me to take a step back and un-complicate my life. Sometimes simple is the best approach.
- Letting me drive the EEL. (This is an inside joke...but those who know will laugh)
- Just being you. You are the best Mother in law I could ask for and I love you so much.
- To Steph, Jen, and Lacie...you are amazing examples of strength and hope. I love you all very much.
- To Wave, Kim, Paula and Sheri and all of my more seasoned Mom friends...thank you for letting us watch you Mother your children. I have been blessed with friends who've been there before and who show us the way. In their example I see the good, the struggles, and the fact that we really can survive this thing called Motherhood.
- To all of my younger friends (Trista Kay, Katie, Erica, Lindsi, Lacie, to name a few)...thank you for helping me to remember what it is like to have little ones. Thank you for helping me remember their smiles, their laughter, my pure exhaustion and uncertainty in every single decision. Thank you for helping me take part in your little ones as I remember mine that way not that long ago.
- To all of the friends with kids my kids age...thank you for helping me just keep swimming. We all know that motherhood is not easy. In fact, it might be the hardest thing we EVER do. But we are in this together. At times we are keeping our heads above water. At times we are gasping for air. At times we are laughing zebras watching the bachelor and indulging in foods we probably shouldn't. But we are together...and we will make it. One step at a time.
Word. (You are amazing women and I am blessed to know you)
Happy Mother's Day! You deserve a day of love and gratitude...and a shout out from the Referee of 3.



No comments:
Post a Comment