Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What? It's Wednesday?

Wow.  All of a sudden it is Wednesday.  I started to blog Monday morning, and it was a Monday.  We got up late...and I didn't have time throughout the day to finish.  I thought about it a million times...okay...maybe I thought about it four times...but a million makes me sound so much more dedicated.

Then came Tuesday.  An unexpected snow day.  What a blessing in this house!  We slept in...made breakfast...laid around some more...made lunch...all to the beautiful noise of our children FIGHTING WITH ONE ANOTHER.  The only time they weren't fighting was when they were outside in the freezing cold sledding down the "hill" in our back yard.  Our yard slopes due to the fact that we have a view out basement.  They make it work and love it.  I don't know what it is about throwing each other down a freezing cold "hill" that brings them such joy, but it is fine with me.  For about 20 minutes...we had peace and quiet.  Actually, I had more peace and quiet as I drove to the hospital to visit with my Granny.  She is doing well and recovering nicely.  The great debate is where will she recover...rehab hospital or home?  So many people trying to decide what is right for her.  I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that on New Years Day, she was charging around the house taking care of everyone else's needs...making sure everyone was happy...full...and comfortable.  And now, she is stuck in a bed at the hospital waiting on everyone else to decide what is best for her.  She is however being cared for by three of the very best "nurses" I know of.  Mom...Grandpa...and my Uncle.  So I do believe the best decision will be made by all. 

So here we are at Wednesday.  And I am two days behind on blogging.  I'll do my best to keep up with this, but sometimes life just gets in the way.

The kids are back at school and I am trying to get back into the swing of things around here.  No way can I do that in the next 12 hours, but I'll do my best to get it started.

My devotional today was really a good one.  It is about something I know all too well.  Carrying the load all by ourselves.  Sometimes, we put so much on ourselves, that we set ourselves up to fail.  I wrote a post last year and then reposted it in the last week of December about road blocks.  Orange barrels in particular.  Sometimes life is full of those barrels.  And the thing is...we knock them over when we choose to handle life on our own.

I know that I have a lot of responsibilities in my life.  My husband.  My children.  My personal relationships with my family. (Mom, Sis, Dad) Our home.  Our laundry.  Our food.  Our transportation.  Our schedule.  Our church home.  My friendships. 

I have a lot to consider each day as I make decisions.  And sometimes...I feel all alone.  I feel like I am the only person making these decisions.

But the truth is...it doesn't have to be that way. 

We have someone that says....I will carry you.

Through the valley.  Through the sand.  Through the times in our lives when we feel alone.  Weighted down.  When we feel like quitting. 

He is there.  And he provides others in our lives that are willing to help us carry the load.  Our loved ones.  Our friends.  They put themselves out there for a reason.  They do it out of His love.  They are acting as a reflection or an extension of His body.

So...in our crazy, busy lives.  We have a choice.  To carry it alone or to share the burden with those who reach out to us.  I have a feeling, if we share that burden with the ones who are strong enough to help us carry the load, we'll see a lot less orange barrels laying in the road behind us.

Think about it.

Have a blessed day friends!
Referee of 3

No comments: