Our oldest son and our youngest son are very touchy kids. Big...since he was very little...was the kind of kid that just had to be either sitting on me or right beside me...touching my arm. Still, he is very much like that. If given the choice, he'll sit as close to me as he can...and he has yet to let his age...his cool factor...or the fact that I am his Mom...effect that desire to be close. Little is still little enough that I would expect nothing less from him. Middle is a very verbally affectionate child...but strays from physical touch. He doesn't not like it...but doesn't seem to need it as much as the other two.
Why am I telling you this?
Well, with Big and Little...it is hard to ignore their request for attention. Along with their "MOM" yelling...comes a touch...a tap...a push...a tug...or some kind of physical motion that is an attempt to get my attention. It is hard to ignore that constant touch. They poke and push until they get a response. Middle sometimes gets overlooked simply because if he gets tired of verbally asking something...and more than that...gets tired of being ignored...and he'll just stop asking.
Again...why am I telling you this?
Because God does that too. He speaks to us daily. He tells us things...he puts things on our hearts...that become almost too hard to ignore. I have found in life...when I try to avoid what I am hearing from God...He tries harder. He puts things on my heart...and makes it next to impossible to ignore his requests. They weigh on me...day after day...week after week. Until I respond in a way that is pleasing to Him.
Giving up that control.
We as adults, think we have it all figured out. I'll answer Him when I am ready. I'll be obedient when I feel the time is right. I will decide what I have to sacrifice and will do so when it is most convenient for me.
Not so much.
God wants us to be obedient when He calls. He wants us to make sacrifices in response to what He is asking and when He is asking it.
There are no...I can't come to the phone right now...please leave a message moments with God. There is no I am too busy right now, but I'll get with you as soon as I have a spare moment. God expects obedience and sacrifice...and He expects it on His time table...not our own.
And...He will continue to poke...and push...and physically and verbally remind us that He has a plan for our lives.
We are to be obedient...and we will be rewarded for listening and responding to his requests. When He speaks...we cannot ignore.
So as we go about our daily lives this week...try to focus on whatever He is saying to you. And be open to the way He is communicating with you. Is He able to simply speak to us...and we not only hear Him, but respond? Or does He have to poke and push us a little harder to make us understand that He has a desire for us to do something in our lives?
God's requests are hard to ignore.
So what should we do? Listen.
Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment