Life.
Gets in the way.
And guess what I have decided...?
It is okay.
You see...the last time I sat down to blog was last Friday, I think. I honestly can't remember! I knew it would eventually happen. I knew my to do list would become larger than life, and certain things would get put on the back burner.
What I have realized about this though...is that just because I don't keep up with it daily, doesn't mean it isn't important. Blogging is very important to me. I have decided in the last year, that in not writing all of these years, I really had no idea what I was missing. But when I don't get a chance to sit down and type out my thoughts, I really do miss it.
2011 is the year of no pressure for me. Being present in my daily life has really helped my stress level. I know that sounds a bit off the wall. But it really is true. It seems in the past, I have spent more time worrying about things I did yesterday, or things I would face tomorrow, that I missed a lot of todays. I don't want to do that anymore. So I am just living day by day. If that means my to do list gets filled that day...that is AWESOME. But...if that means I put the list aside to do something else...that is okay too.
Last night we had two ball games for Big. One at 5:30 and one at 7:30pm. They are hour long basketball games at the YMCA, so even though it sounds like a lot, it really wasn't a big deal at all. And as worried as I was about making it on time, and as many tasks as I left home undone...I kept telling myself...there is no place you'd rather be right now. And that was the truth. Yes...I had laundry in both the washer and dryer. I had toys on the living room floor. I had papers all over my kitchen counter from who knows what. I hadn't sat down to blog.
But...
I had my three little guys and Coach all there with me. One was playing a game that he loves. The other two were enjoying being out of the house and running around. Coach was doing what he does best...being a Dad who cares enough to be there for his kids. And there really was no place I would rather have been.
And you'll never guess what was waiting for me this morning as I stumbled to the coffee pot...the laundry, the dishes, the toys, the papers, and the blog.
Those things on my to do list Never seem to run away. They are always there for me to return to when I find the time.
The moments though...that I am not present...that I am worrying about the to do list...about the yesterdays...about the tomorrows....they slip away in an instant.
I knew it would eventually happen. I'd get behind on my "daily blog writing". But this year...in the year of no pressure...I'm fine with it.
Have a wonderful day today! It is supposed to super chilly and maybe even a "wintry mix". We'll see...
Referee of 3
P.S.~if you get an extra second in your day, pop on over to Pastor Rick's blog and read Brutiful. It has some really great points in it today...or whenever he wrote that. You can click on the link to his blog if you scroll down toward the left. I believe it is second on the blog list. Have a Blessed Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment