Yesterday started out great. We woke up...went for a walk...drank coffee and got ready for church. Upon arriving to church, the stress started. We walked into the service and there were people everywhere. Which is a good thing...I realize. But finding seats for five plus people was somewhat of a task.
tick, tick, tick
We listened to a very powerful message, sang a song that I really love, and took communion. In that moment, I began to feel the time bomb deactivating.
We got home from church to find our air conditioner was not working.
tick, tick, tick
I got in the car to take Big over to a friend's house and prayed immediately that God would take control. And then completely tried to control things in my own way. I was supposed to go to the store while I was out, but I was so preoccupied by the pending financial burden of a new air conditioner, that I forgot to go. We needed trash sacks and a few other things. When I finally remembered to go to the store, I got everything on my list including a new filter for our air conditioner...but forgot trash bags. Wretched trash bags. I bought ziploc bags....that were right next to the trash bags....but, do you think this reminded me that we needed trash bags?
Nope.
tick, tick, tick
I came home to find Coach had taken Little to Tball practice. Rats. Tball practice. I wanted to take him myself! His first Tball practice of the season...and I was at Target...forgetting trash bags.
Lord, please settle my heart. Please clear my mind. Please help me hold my tongue. And if it isn't too much trouble...please fix our air conditioner.
I realize that in the grand scheme of things, the ac going out is not high on the list. But for me...it was a stresser/time bomb activator. Now we all know God doesn't send Jesus out to fix air conditioning units. But he does send Jesus out to fix our hearts. I needed a heart fixing yesterday for sure. And along came a friend's brother with some coolant for our unit. The house was cool...it didn't cost much...and we were able to get through another day at Casa De Nelson without imploding. Praise the Lord.
System deactivated. Crisis averted. Faith restored. Attitude renewed.
So thankful for the opportunity to look back and see how far we've come. We as a family came a long way from 8am to 8pm. And by Family I mean...Us...(The Nelson Five) and God.
Have a blessed day~
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment