Easter was wonderful. That is pretty much all I can say about our day with family, friends, fellowship, and each other. Church was so great...and you knew that you knew that you knew...that God was in the house! Loved it. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice...we are not worthy. All in all, Easter was wonderful.
Except for the small detail of me burning the cinnamon rolls. I got up early to make said cinnamon rolls, eggs, and bacon for my little Easter bunnies and I burnt the rolls. How you ask? Not sure. Perhaps the oven was set too high? Perhaps the pan was in the wrong position in the oven? Perhaps the Swedish chef wasn't paying attention when the beeping of the oven happened. Who knows. What I do know is that my bunnies had scrambled eggs, bacon, and a side of chocolate rabbit. (Just kidding...or am I?)
I was a bit offended when my Mom called earlier in the week and asked if I'd like to get the rolls or make the potatoes. I (trying to make the joke a success for my Mom) jumped right on the rolls. She laughed and said she'd handle the potatoes as she wanted them to get "done". One time...one time the potatoes were cold in the middle...and I get rolls. Okay...there was the other time when the potatoes were Cajun style and then another when I used expired cheese, but didn't know it until the stench of the potatoes filled the whole house. (Yes my friends...that was at a dinner party with friends) So, I have forever been deemed lady of the rolls. Oh well. I don't really have time to cook potatoes anyhow.
Baseball...Middle kicked off his season last night and had a great time with his friends. Their team is really progressing and I can hardly feel my tongue from all the dill pickle seeds I ate. Lovely. Not only can I not taste anything, but my eyes will barely open from the sodium. Self control has never been one of my strong suits. Anyway, GREAT JOB WILDCATS and Middle. We are all loving that our Easter pics didn't have a green cast in them this year. And seeing him on the field without anything broken is a blessing. LOVING IT.
The friendship that could have been. I know Ree and I would be friends. I just know it. She's funny. I'm funny. (sometimes) She is an amazing photographer...my sister is an amazing photographer. She is a fabulous cook....I want to be. See? We have so much in common! She lives on a ranch. I live in a zoo. It just keeps happening. The similarities are uncanny. Her book signing is this Thursday. I've been waiting and waiting to meet her and see how great we are together. And then it happens. I opened up my fifty pound planner to April 12th...only to see we have five things scheduled. Tears filled my eyes. Mascara drips down my face. My hair blowing in the wind as I shout..."Why God...WHY?" Was that dramatic enough? Really, I just said dang it and decided to eat some chocolate to calm my nerves. How...can I justify missing something of my children's to meet an author that I adore? I can't. I have to be where I have to be. But...if we had met...I know we would have been great together. Until next time Pioneer Woman. We'll meet...someday. But for now, I must be the Mom that I know I can be...dramatic...I know.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment