This picture was taken on our little trip to Tulsa. The aquarium was so much fun and the kids really enjoyed the trip. I thought it might be nice for us to capture the moment. My first mistake is usually thinking. My second mistake is generally acting on those thoughts. Pictures don't lie. In what we'll call exhibit A...Sister's darling children are smiling, looking at the camera, and it took one shot. Her son is lovingly leaning in and her daughter is as close as she can be. They love their Momma. And more importantly, they love pleasing their Momma.
In what we'll lovingly refer to as Exhibit B, you'll notice the chaos happening in what I believe was the fifth picture taken of us. Big is not and has never been a fan of pictures, Middle is trying desperately to be a part of the love and have his time to shine in the picture (he gets this from me) and Little is being...well...Little. I am clearly weakened by the madness as I slouch over trying desperately to hang onto the slippery 3rd child we like to call...the unexpected blessing. I am not saying that her kids are better than my kids. But there are some differences going on here. ;)
Now...who would like to compare and contrast these pics?
Please...don't. Growing up, my sister and I were very different. We still are. We are different in our parenting styles, our clothing choices, and even our tastes of food. We both prefer different things. But one thing always stays the same. She is my sister and my best friend. I love her and what appears to be her perfect picture. She laughs at my chaos and I calm her through what she thinks is chaos in her life. She always calms down when we play the compare your life to my life scenario. Usually all I have to say is...do you want Little? And she realizes her life isn't so hard. Just kidding...kind of.
Love you Sista!
No comments:
Post a Comment