Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In the Middle





Sometimes, the middle child gets left out.  Big does everything for the first time...and we are excited to be doing it all for the first time as well.  Little does everything for the last time, so we hang onto everything he does with all that we have. 

And then there is my amazing Middle.  Middle is such a blessing in our lives.  Last year at this time, Middle looked like this.

Baseball started off a little rough for my Middle last year when he broke his arm over spring break.  It was a long season and he had little success even after the cast came off due to his over protective Momma. 

The other night at his baseball game...he wowed me.  I try really hard not to make it all about my kids when they are playing team sports.  Coach tells me quickly that it is a team effort.  They win as a team and they lose as a team.  But the Momma in me was so proud of my Middle the other night.  His first pitching attempt a few games ago, didn't go well.  I wasn't there to see it, but from the sounds of it, he was pretty nervous.  But Monday night, he did great.  I was so proud of him.  He was serious.  He was focused.  He was doing a good job.  And he came off the mound with the biggest smile I've ever seen. 

Every single one of my kids is different.  They look different...they act different...they ARE different.  Middle has the best smile.  He has the bluest eyes and the biggest heart.  He is quick to anger and quick to recover.  And now...I would like to add to the list, that he can pitch.  Way to go Middle!!!

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

No comments: