We all know several things about me. But two things in particular...
- I cannot cook without burning things.
- I am not a good photographer.
So...in an attempt to pay tribute to my good friend Ree...(define good, you say?)...I cooked her macaroni and cheese and then took pictures of it. I realized while listening to her presentation last week, that she started out taking pictures of things that were still. Good call. My pictures are usually of blurry sporting events or school music programs. No one stand still and I am not educated enough to know how to fix that from behind the camera. So...taking pictures of food makes perfect sense. It doesn't move. Unless it is on fire. Then the smoke moves. But we won't get into that.
Anyway...here are my pics of the Pioneer Woman's macaroni and cheese. There was no scald on this dish and the fam loved it. Well...okay...I loved it. It is pasta and cheese. I mean...who doesn't love pasta and cheese? And chocolate? And cookie dough?
Moving on...
I heard a verse on K-love today that really brought me to my knees with the Lord. 2 Peter 1, verses 5-9
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
I was thinking about efforts. Are they my best efforts? Am I adding to my faith...goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection and love? Uhmmmm...
There is always a reason when God drops something in your life. He wanted me to not only hear this verse, but really understand what it is saying and how it applies to my life. I know I haven't been making my best effort to be with the Lord. I know that my self-control or lack there of isn't a reflection of Him. The part where it says...if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Am I ineffective?
Am I unproductive?
Am I making every effort to be who He wants me to be?
Good questions...calling for some REAL answers.
Thank you Lord for watching over us last night and for sparing our little town. I am grateful beyond understanding for the calm that came when we realized the storms had passed and for being able to watch the boys playing today in a yard that was untouched by the devastation. So many people are in need right now Lord and I just ask that you be with them and allow those who can help, to be available. Wrap your loving arms around the families that are in the midst of their storm and help them to see that you are always there. Amen
I am so grateful for the safety of my family and friends. I am in awe of the one that calms the storms. I am also in prayer for those who experienced the destruction of the storms from last night. It is so encouraging to hear about all of those people who are helping and doing good in His name. I am also in prayer for those whose lives hang in the balance of the unknown. With many places of business being destroyed, there is a lot of uncertainty about jobs and financial security. I just ask that you join me in lifting up those in need.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment