We are so close to Easter. And here I sit. Wondering how it is I can turn off all that is happening in my mind and focus on the cross. I know what I am supposed to do. I have known that for a long time. God first, family second, then comes everything else.
But the everything else just keeps creeping in. Making me worry. Making me stress. Making me feel like a whirlwind out of control.
I am told to be still. And know that He is God. I do. But I can't help but wonder about the rest of the "stuff" of life.
“For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 NIV (www.biblegateway.com)
I read this verse today and it made me realize what I should be doing to prepare my heart for the weekend. I need to take all of the things that are keeping me from being in the right mind, and lay them at the foot of the cross. This song has been playing in my mind all week and I finally looked it up. As I read through the words, I realized what God was trying to say.
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross
Rid me of myself. I love that part. Rid me of myself. Of my selfishness. Of my worries. Of my stress. Of my anger. Of my hate.
Bring me to my knees. Help me to remember that I am best in this life when I glorify you through my actions, my thoughts and my words. When this life gets to be too much, bring me to my knees Lord.
I belong to you. I do. I know I do. I just get mixed up in all the "stuff" and forget how to allow your hand to lead me.
Lead me to the cross. Lord, lead me in the next few days...to the cross. Help me in getting my head right and my heart open to the sacrifice you made for us.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

No comments:
Post a Comment