My Little went to Kindergarten Round Up.
I am not sure how it happened so fast. I stood in that gym 6 years ago watching Brett give the performance of a lifetime when he was in Kindergarten...pregnant with this unexpected blessing. At that time, Big seemed so...big to us. And Middle was just 4. He was little in every sense of the word. He clung to me until I could no longer hold him with my baby belly.
A month early, we were given one of the three best gifts we'd ever received. And he looked a little something like this.
It wasn't long before he was rolling, and crawling all over the place. By the age of 18 months, this kid had a vocabulary like none of us had ever seen. He has been small, but mighty since he got his first set of stitches and still wows us with his words all of the time.
Clearly I need a large dose of reality and some cookie dough.
Little...in Kindergarten. I don't know if I can do this. But Mr. Little...I am so proud of you. I love you with all of my heart and I will eventually loosen my grip. Ask the other boys. They'll tell you...I only hold their hand when no one is looking.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

1 comment:
Oh, man, oh, man. Lil' Nugget isn't even out of the oven yet, and I am feeling this future moment. Your Little, to me, has always been such a beautiful symbol of life and growth. You came into my life with this sweet boy when I was feeling such a void. Rest assured, you have done a marvelous job growing your sons, dear Amy-loo!
Post a Comment