Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6
As little got out of my van yesterday morning, he ran to his Mimi's front door. He was so excited that he did his own hair...picked out his own outfit...and helped me make his bed. I asked all morning..."are you so excited about preschool?", nervously awaiting a breakdown of..."I don't WANT TO GO!". I was ready. I had prepared myself for this because I just knew he would not want to let go of me as much as I didn't want to let go of him.
The meltdown never happened.
He smiled and ran away with his backpack as fast as he could to get into Mimi's house.
So I put on my brave face and kissed him goodbye. "Have a great day and I'll see you after school!"...is what I said as I got back in my van and drove away.
Ugh.
This kid has driven me nuts all summer long. He gets up before the coffee is done brewing and goes to bed about 14 hours later. He talks nonstop and is one of the loudest things I've ever heard. I was so ready for a little bit of a break from him...until yesterday.
And then I about fell apart. My friend sent me a picture of Little with his best friend at school. Thank goodness it was lunch time. I went to my van and had a little bit of my own meltdown. Not because I missed him so much I couldn't stand it. But because my Little is growing up. How did this happen? He was just born...he was just a little teeny baby in my arms. And now...here he is...carrying a backpack and...leaving me.
Big Sigh.
Four things I know for sure...
1. God has a sense of humor. If He didn't, we would not have Little at all.
2. God loves Little more than I can ever even imagine.
3. God has a plan for Little's life...and I cannot stop it from happening.
4. Seeing Little's face through the bus window yesterday afternoon was one of the best things I could have seen. His smile said it all...He Loved School.
All I can do is trust that Coach and I have given Little the foundation to follow God's plan for His life. (And hope that he isn't too badly influenced by his older brothers...ha ha ha) I have to trust that God is doing in Little's life exactly what He has done in Big and Middle's life. He is there for them all...beyond what I could ever dream of being there.
Well that...and put one foot in front of the other.
Work was awesome and I'll write more on that when I have more time. Have a blessed day! And to all my mommy friends who are sending their kids to school or college...I am praying for you.
Referee of 3
1 comment:
I was laughing and crying all the way through this. I so feel you pain. When you next moment of "How can this be happening already? He's just a baby." comes please know that you can call me. I'll hold your hand and we'll cry together! Jenna Malanchuk
Post a Comment