Friday, August 19, 2011

When you know...

There are very few things in this world that I am confident that I know.  I think I know quite a lot...and then it will turn out that I knew very little about what I thought I knew.  I usually end up knowing more after the fact of learning that I didn't really know at all.

Confusing...I know.

I wanted to share something with you that I have learned in the last week of this new adventure.

It will be easier to share in list form...so here goes.

1.  I know that working as a daycare provider for the past almost ten years was exactly what I was supposed to be doing for my family and for myself. 

2.  I know that I miss the kids I used to babysit so much, that when one of them ran up to me this morning, I cried...and cried some more later just thinking about it. 

3.  I know that filling out that application and going in for that interview were two of the scariest things I've done in a long time. 

4.  I know that getting that phone call that said..."the job is yours" was proof that God was in complete control.

5.  I know that deciding to go back to school to finish my degree was something that had my mind filled with all kinds of reservations.

6.  I know that getting a facebook message that said I was the recipient of two scholarships for school was again proof that God was in complete control.

7.  I know that I have filled my life with people who support and love me no matter what I do.  And who are always there to remind me when I start to doubt the very things that I know.

8.  I know that through the last six months of this process, I have seen God work in our lives in ways I cannot explain...but am so blessed to be able to see myself.

9.  I know that Mulvane Old Settlers (our town fair) is this weekend and I am super excited.  I know that to me, it is second on my list after Christmas.  If only there were Old Settler's decorations at Walmart...I would so buy them.

10.  I know that if I don't get down to the fair soon and get my super tacos...yes...plural...someone is going to get hurt.

No...in all seriousness, my friend reminded me today that God is in the driver's seat of all that happens in our lives.  The proof is there.  You just have to be willing to give God the credit he deserves for leading us down the right path.  And in the moments when you just want to turn the other way and run...you have to trust...have faith...and know that you know that you know...that He is there.

I am exhausted from all the changes that have occurred in our lives, but am confident that God will allow me some time to rest...after Old Settlers of course. 

Did you know they can dip a piece of cheesecake in chocolate, freeze it and serve it on a stick?  I am serious...someone put a picture on facebook.  And they got it from good ol' Old Settlers.  Guess what I KNOW I am having for dessert tonight? 

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

No comments: