One of the ways to prepare was to familiarize yourself with the subjects in which the test will be covering, and then identify your strengths and weaknesses.
How clever...I thought. Instead of sitting down and burying yourself in the total of it all...you decide before hand where your strengths lie in the material, and where your downfalls may be. Now this is a teacher education test, so I can tell you right now where my thoughts went.
Strengths~writing
Weakness~math
I am so bad at math. I think I get very anxious and nervous when someone asks me something mathematical. It is like running. My brain says I can't before I even get my ipod set to the right song. Ugh.
If we don't find out the situation and identify our weaknesses in life, we tend to spend a lot of un needed time polishing our strengths. While our weaknesses remain just that. WEAK. And they intimidate us. They scare us. They make us think we Can't when in all actuality...we can. Nothing is impossible with Christ. Nothing. Not even math or running.
I was reading my devotional this morning and it talked about how Satan takes a stronghold on our lives. On the very things that make us weak. Our bad habits...our weaknesses...Satan has ahold of those things that haunt our lives.
But in the bible, there are examples of the nevertheless.
That's what David faced when he looked at Jerusalem...Nevertheless. "Nevertheless, David took the stronghold." Granted, the city was old. The walls were difficult. The voices were discouraging...Nevertheless. "David took the stronghold."
Wouldn't you love for God to write a nevertheless in your biography? Born to alcoholics, nevertheless she led a sober life. ~ Max Lucado, Live Loved
Nevertheless...he faced the challenge anyway. No matter how big the stronghold on his life. That's how we should be when we face our weaknesses. Identify them...and know that nevertheless, we'll prevail. Because nothing is impossible with Christ.
Off to football scrimmages this morning! Coffee in hand...and a to do list three miles long. Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment