For you JoAnne.
I read this morning's devotional after a rather rough morning at the Nelson Home. In the last day, we've lost an Ipod and a pair of Oakley sunglasses. In the last three months, we had lost an Itouch. We...meaning our CHILDREN. Coach is due to return to work tomorrow...which makes us all a little on edge. Him because he is going back to work. Seems pretty obvious. Me because I will miss seeing him. You see...going back to school in the fall doesn't just mean school for Coach. It means football season. Which means single life as I remember it. Now don't feel all sorry for me. Little is almost 5 and it has become increasingly easier as he has grown. Big and Middle absolutely love football along with Little so it really isn't as bad as it used to be. No more stroller...diaper bags...etc. (Sorry Sarah and Jen...I do remember your pain) Anyway, rough morning. The boys were leaving for a day trip with their Nana and we were missing all technical gadgets to send along with them to prevent fighting. In searching for the Ipod we lost yesterday, we found the Itouch that has been missing for several months now. Lovely. The Oakleys turned up under the bed after our sweet little pup had chewed an entire side of them...and Coach and I...well we exchanged some not so nice words out of frustration for the situation.
AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I picked up my devotional as I drank my much needed second cup of coffee and came across this.
The storm didn't cease, but his discouragement did. ~Fearless
The verse that came along with this devotion was from Lamentations 3:22-23
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness
In this story of the bible, Jeremiah was, to say the least, struggling. In his depression, he said this...
"But this I call to mind..."
My interpretation if this is that Jeremiah, in the thick of his storm, remembered. Something I have a lot of trouble doing. Remembering. Sometimes we lash out at the Lord, blaming Him for the storm we are in. When what we should be doing is calling to mind the fact that His love NEVER ceases. Max Lucado writes in this devotion five things that Jeremiah probably remembered at this moment.
1. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
2. His mercies never come to an end.
3. They are new every morning.
4. Great is thy faithfulness.
5. The Lord is my portion.
Remembering these very important things can be so difficult in times of trouble. But having faith in the Lord who never loses sight of our lives...who never stops loving us no matter how many times we may turn our backs on Him...is our obligation as Christians. We are to love Him and to remember how He loves us.
We all have struggles...and we all fall short. But what better time to remember Him than now?
The storm doesn't always cease immediately upon following Him...but your discouragement in life...in your troubles...will.
Let go and let God.
Have a good one!
Referee of 3
2 comments:
Agh! Tears streaming down! So true, so true. The stuff will keep coming; I just need to find His peace amidst the stuffage. Another reminder of my mantra this year: He must increase; I must decrease. Thank you, Amy-loo!
This is the exact song I thought of when reading your last couple paragraphs! How perfect!!!
Post a Comment