Monday, October 25, 2010

Sing Praise

“Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”- Ephesians 5:19-20

I love to sing.  I have always loved to sing.  However...not everyone has always loved listening to my singing.  I can very vividly remember my sister getting quite annoyed with my knowing and singing every word to every song on the radio.  I also went through a phase in my life where I would sing the answers to any question that was asked.  (I still do that sometimes to annoy sister and Coach).  I have always loved singing.  Singing is how I have always talked to God.  I love to sing during worship and just close my eyes and praise Him.  It is like the words I am singing are exactly what I want Him to hear.  And there are certain parts of the songs that I really want Him to hear.

Shout to the Lord....Nothing compares to the promise I have in you.  I love that!  That is so true.  Nothing compares to the promise.  Nothing.

I don't think that this verse gives me the go ahead to sing everything I say though.  (Right now...my sister is breathing a sigh of relief)  What this verse is saying is to do what we do in His name.  Do it with the Joy in our hearts from knowing and loving Him.  The music that surrounds us when we know that we know that we know...that He is the ONLY one.  He is God.  He is the Almighty Father.  He is the one who can bring us peace in times of trouble.  And when we share our love for Him and the love we receive from Him with others...it is music to His ears. 

The last part of this verse says to give thanks to God the Father for everything.  EVERYTHING.  We give thanks to God the Father for the good and the bad.  For the moments of joy and of sorrow. Because we know that every decision He makes on our behalf...is part of a bigger plan.  If we trust Him the way we should trust Him...we give thanks.

So as you go about your day today...make a joyful noise.  Tell someone about God.  Show someone His love so that they can join in with your song. 

I love you Lord.  And I lift my Voice.  To worship you...all my soul rejoice.
Take joy my King...in what you hear
Let it be a sweet sweet sound in your ear.

Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3

5 comments:

Ksannie said...

One of my favorite songs to sing is "I love you Lord and I Lift my voice . . ." the words are so meaningful. I just finished singing it after I read your blog! Love it! As you know, I too love to sing and so does your sister - we just don't do it openly and freely as you do! We should as it is a wonderful way to praise God. It brings a peace that cannot be explained. You just have to sing and feel . . . Love it! Love you - mom

ShannonE said...

Also one of my favorite songs!!

ShannonE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chele said...

I only got annoyed when you sang all of the commercial jingles OVER AND OVER AND OVER! LOL! You have a beautiful voice sister!! :) Love ya!

Coach's Wife said...

I'm gonna wash that grey right outta my hair...la la la la la la (to the tune of nanny nanny boo boo) Love you too Sister.