Friday, July 2, 2010

Thank Goodness...it is Friday

This has been a crazy week...to say the least.  It started last weekend when we went to the Wedding in Kansas City.  Anytime you leave town, you create work for yourself.  When we arrived back home the very next day, we were greeted with the mess that we left and laundry for five people.  Even for one day, that can create several loads as Brady likes to "switch uniforms" several times during the day.  Sunday, we received the news about Kjerstin as we were driving home from Kansas City.  Since then, I don't feel like I can fully concentrate on any one thing.  The night we got home from KC, I had to work the fireworks stand and then had to go back the next morning from 4am to 8am.  We cannot sell any fireworks at that time, but my friend Julie and I signed up for that shift and I am still not completely sure why.  I am pretty sure it is because I have been working out and felt I could take on anyone who tried to get away with some of our fireworks...NOT EVEN TRUE...not in the slightest.  Julie and I had actually come up with a plan to run screaming into the night like a couple of school girls...and luckily...we never had to act that out.    The next day, we had another schedule that mirrored Sundays, but I also had to work in between fireworks shifts.  Coach took shifts during the day, and I took them at night and in the early morning.  It has been one of the longest weeks we've had in a long time.  We are both exhausted...and haven't been communicating at all.

This week we also learned of the accident that included Carl Hall...a former WSU baseball player and coach of one of the teams that Brett plays in his league out at West Urban.  First of all, please pray for his family and his recovery.  He is alive and I know that everyone is so grateful for that.  However, he is now paralyzed from the waist down I believe and that will be a complete life change for that family as well.  When we got the news of this accident it knocked me down just another notch.  I felt like we couldn't seem to get out from the dark cloud that was looming over us.  And not that in any way am I saying that Coach and the boys and I are personally affected...but our brothers and sisters are...and it weighs us down in the process.  Any time people are hurting, we hurt too...to carry a portion...just a fraction of that load for them.  And I would gladly do that for any of our friends and family...and even strangers as we dont' know the Halls at all.  But it just started to feel a little overwhelmingly sad. 

I prayed the other night and started out with...God, can you hear me?  I have been praying for these people and it seems as if bad things just continue to happen one after another.  Are you there?  I know you have a plan and I know I have to trust you...but could you show us you are still here?  Because I am afraid people are wondering where you are right now....me included.

And it was the next day that I received a phone call from a friend about Logan.  Logan could possibly be released from the hospital...today.  It took me a minute to absorb and process the news...and then finally I was able to say...Thank you God

Thank you for the miracle you have performed in Logan.  Thank you for showing us that you ARE there and that you ARE listening.  Thank you for showing us a little positive and for making your moves big enough for the world to notice. 

Last night I checked Kjerstin's site and it said that she moved her head from side to side...and I wondered...what are you doing up there God?  Whatever it is...we are loving it.   Thank you for the small miracles...for the big miracles...and even for the moments in the storm when we can't fully follow you, but know that you are there.

Have a blessed day all!
Amy

1 comment:

jamie anderson said...

Amy thank you for all that you do. You have helped so many people with your prayers and blogs. You are helping so maNy people with this, including me. Thank you again! Have a great holiday weekend and god bless!!!