It
was
Awesome.
The tournament was great. I believe there were 24 teams that played in the tournament and each of the teams donated an item to raffle off during the BBQ portion of the fundraiser. They sold tickets for a general auction, had a live auction, had the raffle, sold tickets for the BBQ dinner and took donations only at the gate. What a set up...there were tickets, volunteers and people EVERYWHERE. And it was 102 degrees on my van thermometer on my way to Brett's 2nd game of the day. It was sweltering outside...and yet so many people came together.
I can't even begin to tell you how moving it was walking up to the tent where the auction and BBQ was to take place last night. I am a total softy. My emotions are constantly out there...and generally my tears are just waiting for an excuse to come flowing. As soon as I walked up to the music (Rascal Flatts) they came. Tears. I was standing there trying to compose myself so that no one would think something was wrong...when up came the wife of the man who was behind the entire idea/production of the tournament. (She happens to be the same PA that stitched up Brady's head about a month back AND a good friend of my sisters). All it took was a hug...and we were both fighting the tears. It was amazing. The people...the amount of money they had raised at that point alone...it was just Good. There are not words to describe what was in the air last night...other than Goodness. It was yet another instance of a community coming together for the greater good of someone in need. And I was blessed to be a part of it.
I was thinking yesterday about all the bad things that have happened in the last few months and how much good has come out of those bad things. People coming together...people coming to Christ. I have said it a million times...I don't understand. I don't get His plan at all. But last night was another glimpse of what He has in store for our lives. I went to pick up my 'God is Good All the Time' bracelets in support of the Kjerstin Webb fund Friday evening and the girl that is in charge of that fundraiser had set up a table outside of a local restaurant in Derby. It was 100 degrees outside...and there she was. Giving up her time...for someone else. Selfless. Showing God's love right there in the absolute heat of the day...to help someone else in their time of need. Amazing.
Thank you Lord for blessing me with the people in my life that are willing to do good whenever called upon. Thank you for placing the good on their hearts and for allowing others to witness your love through them. You are Awesome...and I stand in awe of You.
Have a Blessed Day!
Amy
Here are a few pics of our evening of giving. Thanks Jags for a great day!
I almost forgot the best part! Logan was there!!! Logan and his parents walked up and again...the tears started flowing. Logan...we are so glad you are home and are doing well. The prayers will continue for you as I know the recovery is a long road. But we are glad you are back and so glad to be a part of TEAM LOGAN!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment