Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All Things Are Possible

So...this morning I got up at 3:45am and left for the airport with my sister and her family at 4:45am.  We were dropping them off for their family vacation to California.  My niece and nephew are very special to me and I wanted to see them off for their first big trip.  They have never flown before and they were so excited.  My sister was excited too, but her nerves outweighed her excitement when we left.  Anyone who knows her is not at all surprised by this statement.  They are well on their way and I can't wait to hear all about it when they return.  Please put them in your prayers today as they travel.  Thanks!

Coach and I were sitting on the porch yesterday talking about how Summer is quickly coming to a close.  The calm (using that term loosely), laid back way of living is about to be over.  We are weeks away from enrollment, football practice and the beginning of school.  I can't even believe how fast it has gone.  Life is about to get busy...busier that it already is.  But one thing I have learned this summer is that with God...anything is possible.

Before Logan's surgery and Kjerstin's accident, I tended to think along the lines of 'God's Will Be Done'.  And that is exactly how it is and should be.  But watching the miracles come one after another in the lives of these two kids has been amazing and my thinking has changed a bit.  Yes...God's Will is what will be done...but we cannot forget that miracles can happen.  Because with God...anything is possible.  I know that our lives are about to change again...and for those of you who know me...so will my furniture.  But I know that in the moments of complete chaos...I can go to my knees.  Because anything is possible with God.  He can calm the storm within me.  He can take away my insecurities.  He can help me see what is important and what isn't.  No...he can't keep me from burning almost everything that goes in my oven, but He can help me when things get out of hand.

I wanted to add a song to my playlist today that we used to listen to when the kids were little...I mean, my big kids.  I think it is completely appropriate for what I am trying to say.  All things are possible. 

Phillipians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Can you?
Have a Blessed Day!
Amy

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

All things are possible. I believe that since you got up at 345, you can get up at 5. Go run for 30 minutes. And than blog by 6. :) what say you? :) Maybe run by and get PR. He can burn some of that energy off before he faces the community.

Coach's Wife said...

I say you are crazy...but sooooo right!

JoAnne said...

8:02. I was gracious and didn't demand it at 6:02. Are you STILL running!??